Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring-ws and log4j

Hi,

I am quite new by Spring-WS. I have the problem with logging of SOAP Messages in Tomcat 5.0.28.

I get no messages in catalina-logs but I already specified the SoapEnvelopeLoggingInterceptor on all my endpoints. I couldn't see my own messages for a long time and I had to write the messages with info log4j method. After that I can see them in tomcat logs.

Well this is the current version of my log4j file:

Code:
    log4j.rootCategory=INFO, stdout

log4j.logger.org.springframework.ws=TRACE
    log4j.logger.org.springframework.oxm=TRACE
    log4j.logger.org.springframework.xml=TRACE
    log4j.logger.org.springframework.ws.soap.server.endpoint.interceptor=TRACE

log4j.logger.mypackage.mtom.service=TRACE
    log4j.logger.mypackage.mtom.ws=TRACE

log4j.logger.org.springframework.ws.client.MessageTracing=TRACE
    log4j.logger.org.springframework.ws.server.MessageTracing=TRACE

log4j.appender.stdout=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
    log4j.appender.stdout.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
    log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSSS} %p %t %c - %m%n
    I also tried to write in the file in Web App but no file is created. I've placed log4j.properties in src/main/resources. I use Spring-Ws 1.5.6 and other dependencies. For Logging I use org.apache.commons.logging.Log.

Do I have to bound some Log4J Listener which loads the configuration file or something like that ?

I've already looked at other Spring-WS examples but there is no special code for Log4J.

Thx a lot for a hints,

Music

Hi,

I've solved this problem so that I specified the FileDailyAppender as the appender in log4j file. I needed also the log4j dependency in classpath and tomcat.

Hm, I am not quite sure why the org.apache.commons.Log can not load log4j config file without log4j dependency.

Comment

Working...
    X