X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customise auto-generated WSDL?

Is it possible to customise an auto-generated WSDL? If so, I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm guessing it might involve either subclassing MessageDispatcherServlet or writing a custom Wsdl11Definition class.

The required customisation is currently very simple: just want to add the version number of my product as a comment. But in the future I might want to do more advanced stuff like filtering the WSDL based on an 'API version' property.

David

OK, I'm going to assume that Spring-WS provides no straightforward way to achieve this. (Surprising, since other parts of Spring generally provide ample hooks and extension points for customisation.)

In lieu of this I've implemented a Servlet filter to customise the WSDL response.

Comment

As far as I could see, you either go with the auto-generated WSDL with maybe a few xsl tweaks possible OR you go with a hard-copy wsdl.

All depends on how good you are with xsl?

Comment

Customize the Operation Name

Is there is any way I can customize the operation name that comes when the WSDL is generated.

Regards,
        Franklin

Comment

Guys, sorry to rase this topic again, but anyone has the answer? I'm having the same problem. I documented the problem on the post below

Hi, I have a situation here that is a little strange because I thought that Spring would handle with no problems this kind of situation. The problem is that I

Comment

You can customize the WSDL by using a ProviderBasedWsdl4jDefinition and plugging in your custom providers, rather than a DefaultWsdl11Definition. See the api docs of these classes for more information:
            http://docs.spring.io/spring-ws/docs...efinition.html
            http://docs.spring.io/spring-ws/docs...efinition.html

Comment

Working...
            X