X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring WS Support

I have been using Spring WS for the last couple of years on a number of projects.

I've noticed that the level of support has dropped off quite substantially on this forum over the last few months, so I have 2 options.

1. Use an alternative Java Webservices implementation

2. Pay for an annual support contract

Has anybody else gone for option 2? If so, what has the level of support been like? It would appear that there is only 1 main Spring WS developer (Arjen), so I would expect that all difficult support queries would need to go to him. In this case, what sort of turnaround time have you experienced?

My theory would be that I would first ask on this forum. If I didn't get a response then I would raise an official support ticket.

What I don't want to happen is for me to hit a problem on a client implementation that cannot be resolved because there is no one with enough experience of the Spring WS code.

Thanks,
    Rick

Hi,

It is true that things have been a bit quiet around Spring-WS in recent months. That said, I do put out bug fix releases, and I think the current 1.5.6 release is pretty stable. After Spring 3 is out, which should be in a few months, you can expect to see a new major release of Spring-WS.

Now, it might appear that I am the only developer on Spring-WS, but that's not completely true. Tareq has been helping me a lot , and is already preparing some of the features of the next major release. In fact, I would have given him commit rights if he wasn't so reluctant to accept them! Also, our Support Engineers are quite capable of solving problems. It is true that I am the Ultimate Receiver (pun intended) for issues regarding SWS, but that has only happened once in the last six months or so.

For more information about our commercial support offerings, refer to http://www.springsource.com/support/springsupport

Comment

Working...
    X