Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to configure Spring WebService Client for SSL communication Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure Spring WebService Client for SSL communication

Hi All,

I am trying to communicate with an HTTPS sever who has exposed some webservices.

I have used spring-ws to create a simple WebServiceClient which internally uses org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTempl ate. I have injected the defaultURI to the WebServiceClient in spring-config.xml.

<bean id="WebServiceClient" class="com.rbos.dolphin.casm.service.dms.WebServic eClient">
    <property name="defaultUri" value="https://serverort/Login"/>
    </bean>

Inside the WebServiceClient the code is like this:

public class WebServiceClient {

private final WebServiceTemplate webServiceTemplate = new WebServiceTemplate();

public void setDefaultUri(String defaultUri) {
    webServiceTemplate.setDefaultUri(defaultUri);
    }

// send to the configured default URI
    public void simpleSendAndReceive(StreamSource source, StreamResult result) {
    webServiceTemplate.sendSourceAndReceiveToResult(so urce, result);
    }

}
    I am getting an exception at webServiceTemplate.sendSourceAndReceiveToResult:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O error: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderE xception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target; nested exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderE xception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    org.springframework.ws.client.WebServiceIOExceptio n: I/O error: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderE xception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target; nested exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderE xception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
    at org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTempl ate.sendAndReceive(WebServiceTemplate.java:508)
    at org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTempl ate.doSendAndReceive(WebServiceTemplate.java:457)
    at org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTempl ate.sendSourceAndReceiveToResult(WebServiceTemplat e.java:403)
    at org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTempl ate.sendSourceAndReceiveToResult(WebServiceTemplat e.java:394)
    at org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTempl ate.sendSourceAndReceiveToResult(WebServiceTemplat e.java:384)
    at com.rbos.dolphin.casm.service.dms.WebServiceClient .simpleSendAndReceive(WebServiceClient.java:22)
    at com.rbos.dolphin.casm.dms.DMSServiceTest.testWebSe rviceClient(DMSServiceTest.java:25)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154 )

Can someone help me to find out how to configure the trust with the https server. There are plenty of documents but I am not sure which path to follow. I simply want to trust that website by accepting whatever certificate it gives me.

Any help/Direction is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Debjani; Mar 11th, 2009, 11:52 AM. Reason: TO provide the whole stack trace
Working...
X