X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wss4j 1.5.5 stripping custom SOAP headers after 1.5.6 upgrade

I upgraded an existing spring-ws app from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6, and also upgraded dependencies bundled in the with-dependencies release, specifically upgraded wss4j jar from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 and xmlsec from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2. Now wss4j 1.5.5 somehow strips out my custom SOAP headers on the client side from the request message. Both client and server use spring-ws, I am using Axiom soap message factory (payloadCaching=true), Wss4j for ws-security. Rolling back wss4j libs to wss4j-1.5.4.jar and xmlsec-1.4.0.jar fixes the problem (keeping the other spring-ws 1.5.6 release jars). This appears to be a wss4j bug - has anybody run into this problem?

Tareq - should I create a JIRA?

What made this even more confusing is that in my tests the spring-ws client trace logger logs the sent soap message WITH the custom soap headers intact, but the server trace logs the message WITHOUT the custom soap headers with the rest of the message identical to what was sent. However I know it is the client stripping the custom headers because when I send the same soap message using SoapUI (not spring-ws client) the custom soap headers do show up on the server as expected.

Thanks,
    -p

Hmm.. Could you test with Saaj message factory and see if it's any better?

Tareq - should I create a JIRA?
    Do create a Jira issue please and ideally, attach a test case that reproduces the problem to help diagnosing this.
    Last edited by tareq; Feb 10th, 2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Tareq,

Hmm.. Could you test with Saaj message factory and see if its any better?
      I tested with Saaj message factory instead of Axiom and it does fix the problem (not what I expected) Unfortunately Saaj message factory is not an option for my project though..

Do create a Jira issue please and ideally, attach a test case that reproduces the problem to help diagnosing this.
      JIRA created with a modified Echo sample to reproduce the problem: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SWS-483

Thanks Tareq.

Comment

Thanks! I'll look into that.

Comment

Working...
        X