Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring WS Eclipse plugin?

Hi,
    I'm newbie in Web Services, and I want to develop using Spring Web Services, usually I use Eclipse environment but I don't find Spring-WS Eclipse plugin.
    Anybody know if this plugin exist?

Thank you!
    Last edited by aordin; Nov 11th, 2008, 06:01 PM.

Since Spring-WS applications are usually Spring-based web applications, you can try WTP and Spring IDE.

Comment

Are there any other tools one can work with? e.g. on the command line (Ant-Support, Maven-Support)?

Comment

There is a maven archetype to get you started.

Comment

IDE Support for Spring-WS

Hi,

You can use Spring Tool Suite (STS) and JAXB XJC plugin for generating the domain classes(Proxy classes, as POJO's).
          Instructions and examples can be found at
          http://justcompiled.blogspot.com/201...spring-ws.html
          and
          http://justcompiled.blogspot.com/201...spring-ws.html

Comment

What exactly are the differences (advantages/disadvantages) between Spring Web Services and Eclipse? Is there a plugin or not? Im pretty new to Spring too so I'm still at a loss, kinda. I guess I have a lot of reading on these forums to do...

Comment

Originally posted by WillenMan View Post
              What exactly are the differences (advantages/disadvantages) between Spring Web Services and Eclipse? Is there a plugin or not? Im pretty new to Spring too so I'm still at a loss, kinda. I guess I have a lot of reading on these forums to do...
              Spring Web Services is a framework(a set of APIs and methods) to build Web Service based on the Contract First Method. It works on top of Spring Framework.

Eclipse is an IDE(Integrated Development Environment) where you can develop (mainly) Java Applications. It has versions for C++ and PHP development too.

Eclipse comes with basic Java development features by default, which does not have native support for specialized frameworks such as Spring or Spring Web Services. You need to add support by adding appropriate plugins. Besides, you can download the ready made packages for different platforms such as Enterprise Development, Mobile Development etc. You can see the full list here.

Besides all this, different third parties offer customized packages to support their products. SpringSource, the creators of SpringFramework and the sub projects including Spring WebServices offers such a customized package based on Eclipse, code named - SpringSource Tool Suite(STS). I think it is an ideal platform building Spring based applications, including Spring WS.

Comment

Originally posted by WillenMan View Post
                STS has Spring required libraries included and supports Spring development pretty well. STS is Eclipse based (RCP), so it should be familiar for you if you worked with Eclipse before. Should be more aspects with STS, but I don't have that information available (you could check it out at the website of STS for some global info, though).
                I can't make any further distinguishment between WS and Eclipse, as Eclipse is an IDE and WS is not. I use eclipse (Helios, not STS) for creating webservices, along with Maven. STS has build-in support for Maven (M2-plugin), so that could be an advantage .
                With Maven you can use Spring plugins, which in turn will be used within Eclipse (when properly configured, of course).

Comment

jiji anoj pdfvg

Comment

Working...
                  X