Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebServiceTemplate Transformation?

Hello,
    I'm building an AddressVerification service with Spring WS, that on the back end is using WebServiceTemplate to call the address verification vendor service. What I've been trying to do is transform the message before it is sent to the vendor so it conforms to what they are expecting, but have been running into issues trying to transform the outgoing request using WebServiceTemplate.
    The WebServiceTemplate has a WebServiceMessageCallback.doWithMessage() call that I thought I could leverage to perform my transformation from DOMSource to DOMResult, however it is not working. That is because I'm using DomPoxMessageFactory to create my WebServiceMessage which is actually a DomPoxMessage. Looking at the code, it appears that I cannot alter the message with a simple transform( DOMSource, DOMResult ) b/c getPayloadResult() on DomPoxMessage removes the message's payload and I just don't see a simple way to perform a simple transform that alters the DomPoxMessage payload.
    Am I missing something? I'd love it, if someone could point me in the correct direction.
Working...
X