Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Architecture Dilemma for using web services

Hi folks,

I need Architects help here. My problem is really simple for you. Please suggest me best solution.

I have multiple servers with JAVA running on one servers and QTP and WinRunner running on multiple servers.

I have a requirement in my application to read data from database and create spread sheet with this data and after spread sheet is created I need to invoke a QTP or WinRunner scripts on diffrent servers. This spread sheet works as data input to the QTP and WinRunner scripts. So here are my issues:

1) To create the best design where should I create this spread sheet? Is it on the Java server and copy this Excel spread sheets to the test servers and invoke the test scripts or directly create the spread sheets on the test servers directly by reading from database?

2) To invoke test scripts on a different server using java application, which design do you recommend? Using Web Services or RMI or some thing else.

3) Once test scripts are executed these scripts going to update the status MQ. Java application listenes to these messages and decides which test area it needs to execute later. For this do you recommend Point-to-Point messaging model or Public/Subscribe model?

Please give me your suggestions and solutions immediately. Thanks in advance. Your immediate response will be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X