Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAML and SOAP: Problem with endpoint mapping

hey community

we're implementing a web-service using SOAP over HTTP. Inside SOAP, there's SAML in use. Due to the saml-binding spec, we MUST use a specific SOAPAction header value that MUST NOT be changed / altered for requests.

Now, how do I best implement an endpoint mapping given these circumstances?
    We have a web service exposing 2 methods, method A and method B, defined in the WSDL on the server side, for which I want to be able to do the mapping, meaning:
    If the corresponding method on the client for method A was invoked (lets call the client method 'method A client'), the endpoint mapper shall know that it needs to dispatch this request to method A. But since we are not allowed to set an appropriate SOAPAction for this request, it gets kinda tricky.

Does anybody know about best practices on this issue?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards, rox

I've found a solution to the issue posted above: Ws-addressing.

Since WS-addressing is transport-neutral (does not rely on out-of-message information), can be included as XML data into the SOAP header and does not rely on the SOAPAction in the HTTP header (the out-of-message information), this was exactly the solution I was looking for.

See http://static.springframework.org/sp...-ws-addressing for more information on that matter.

regards,
    rox

Comment

Working...
    X