Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Certificate authentication using wss4j (x.509 token authentication) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate authentication using wss4j (x.509 token authentication)

Hi,

Is there a way to do x.509 token (certificate) authentication with wss4j, the way it is possible with xws? I didn't see anything on this in the reference doc, however WSS4J project home page says they support x.509 token profile.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very much obliged. My web services need to handle very large documents with MTOM attachments and therefore I would really prefer wss4j over xws since I can't use Axiom with xws...

Note that to use MTOM with Axiom, you need to use the native API (i.e. org.apache.axiom.soap.SOAPMessage). As for your original question, I honestly don't know the answer to that. Tareq?

Comment

To be honest, I don't know how WSS4J supports x.509 token profile. The complexity of the code and the lack of documentation don't make things any simpler.
      I've tried to locate x.509 token profile support in WSS4J's code with no success.
      I'd be glad if anyone from the community could share his knowledge on that so that we can support it in Spring-WS.
      Last edited by tareq; May 3rd, 2008, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Arjen and Tareq, thanks for your replies and hard work!

I'll post here if I find a solution using certificate authentication with wss4j by itself, I'll keep looking at wss4j forum and in their code. Maybe someone can point to an example since I'm new to wss4j, that would be great.

Comment

Working...
        X