Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wss4j digest password authentication bug?

I am trying to hook up digest password handling and acegi authorization. I have managed to do this successfully with the plain text equivalent. I think I've managed to get close to the problem. When you configure the plain text acegi handler you wire in a ProviderManager.

Code:
    <bean id="acegiHandler"
              class="org.springframework.ws.soap.security.wss4j.callback.acegi.AcegiPlainTextPasswordValidationCallbackHandler">
            <property name="authenticationManager" ref="authenticationManager"/>
        </bean>

<bean id="authenticationManager" class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager">
            <property name="providers">
                <bean class="org.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider">
                    <property name="userDetailsService" ref="inMemoryDaoImpl"/>
                </bean>
            </property>
        </bean>

<bean id="wsSecurityInterceptor" class="org.springframework.ws.soap.security.wss4j.Wss4jSecurityInterceptor">
            <property name="validationActions" value="UsernameToken"/>
            <property name="validationCallbackHandler">
                <!--<ref local="acegiDigestPasswordHandler"/>-->
                <ref local="acegiHandler"/>
            </property>
        </bean>

<bean id="inMemoryDaoImpl" class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
            <property name="userMap">
                <value>
                    Ernie=Bert,ROLE_SUPERVISOR
                </value>
            </property>
        </bean>
    It is the AbstractUserDetailsAuthenticationProvider (called by the AuthenticationManager) which, upon successful authentication, that actually sets the setAuthenticated(true) on the UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken.

Code:
    protected Authentication createSuccessAuthentication(Object principal, Authentication authentication,
            UserDetails user) {
            // Ensure we return the original credentials the user supplied,
            // so subsequent attempts are successful even with encoded passwords.
            // Also ensure we return the original getDetails(), so that future
            // authentication events after cache expiry contain the details

// IB this constructor sets 'authenticated' to true
            UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken result = new UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken(principal,
                    authentication.getCredentials(), user.getAuthorities());
            result.setDetails(authentication.getDetails());

return result;
        }
    In the case of AcegiDigestPasswordValidationCallbackHandler you don't wire in a AuthenticationManager so even thought the credentials are valid it is never set to authentication in acegi SecurityContext. So the authorization fails even though the Principal has the correct GrantedAuthorities.

Code:
    <bean id="wsSecurityInterceptor" class="org.springframework.ws.soap.security.wss4j.Wss4jSecurityInterceptor">
            <property name="validationActions" value="UsernameToken"/>
            <property name="validationCallbackHandler">
                <ref local="acegiDigestPasswordHandler"/>
                <!--<ref local="acegiHandler"/>-->
            </property>
        </bean>

<bean id="inMemoryDaoImpl" class="org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
            <property name="userMap">
                <value>
                    Ernie=Bert,ROLE_SUPERVISOR
                </value>
            </property>
        </bean>

<bean id="acegiDigestPasswordHandler"
              class="org.springframework.ws.soap.security.wss4j.callback.acegi.AcegiDigestPasswordValidationCallbackHandler">
            <property name="userDetailsService">
                <ref local="inMemoryDaoImpl"/>
            </property>
        </bean>
    I'm not raising this a bug yet as this could just be pilot error although I think I've followed the Reference Guide as best I can. If someone on the team agrees that this is probably a bug I'll raise it (and hopefully try to fix it too).

You're probably right. The problem is that the following constructor call in AcegiDigestPasswordValidationCallbackHandler (lines 81-82) sets authenticated to false:
    Code:
            UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken authRequest =
                    new UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken(principal, principal.getPassword());
    I wonder how to fix this since it seems that the only way to set authenticated to true is to call the contructor UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken(Object principal, Object credentials, GrantedAuthority[] authorities).

Could you please create a jira issue for this?

Comment

Done http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SWS-341

Comment

Working...
      X