Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring WS(1.5) + Websphere Service Integration Bus

Hi all....

First of all let me say that we have a nice project going with SWS (both client and service side) - it is a SOAP/JMS services project with Websphere MQ as the underlying JMS provider. And everything is cool, running nice and smooth (Arjen, I'm trying to say thanks and well done ).

And now....the environment presents...the Websphere Service Integration Bus (imagine the Star Wars - Death Star theme music here..)...
    If you had the pleasure of NOT knowing what the SIB is...It is a Websphere mechanism for integrating distributed services and clients - while your Websphere Application Server deployed application sees only the WAS in which it runs, and the resources defined it that same WAS... The SIB gives you the ability to define QUEUES on your WAS which then forward the messages to the MQ which is the actual transport. It allows for extended security features, easier environment control and so on... That is basically it.

Now, i was wondering, has anyone been able to pull of a successful SWS + SIB + MQ combination? Our apps work fine with Websphere MQ, but when trying to run them against a SIB+MQ combo, the messages get screwed up some how...
    I'm actually 100% sure that SWS is doing its job....Any kind of insight or opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X