X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POX-style Spring WS Examples?

Hi, I'm just getting started with Spring web services.

In his InfoQ interview, Arjen says Spring WS already supports the POX style:

http://www.infoq.com/articles/arjen-poutsma-spring-ws

I'd like very much to stick with the POX and REST styles and avoid SOAP and WSDL, but all the tutorial materials are WSDL-based. Can you point me to materials that would show me how to get started? Thanks.

%

There is a pox sample application provided, in the samples/pox directory.

Comment

Thank you, Arjen, I'll give it a look. - %

Comment

One more question: I need this Spring POX web service to accomodate both Spring/Java clients and .NET as well. Anything that can send an HTTP GET/POST request with the appropriate XML conforming to the contract can interact with this service, right?

%

Comment

Originally posted by duffymo View Post
          One more question: I need this Spring POX web service to accomodate both Spring/Java clients and .NET as well. Anything that can send an HTTP GET/POST request with the appropriate XML conforming to the contract can interact with this service, right?

%
          Theoretically, yes.

Comment

Just one more question, Arjen.

I finally managed to get the biggest of your samples running under Spring 1.5 - the airline sample. (I had to download the version 1.0.4 stuff and look at the readme to get it going.) It builds and deploys just fine; I've got the MySQL database built and loaded with data.

But I haven't managed to get a single one of the clients working with the service. I don't have the code here right now, it's on a work laptop. But if you could keep an eye on this thread I'd appreciate it. I'd like very much to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the clients. Thanks.

Comment

Using JAXB with POX

Hello,

I went over the POX example and wanted to know if it is possible to use POX style web services integrated together with the binding frameworks.

Similar to the annotation based SOAP examples, I'd like to have a method that takes JAXB types as parameters and have Spring-WS invoke this method directly without having to go through DOM tree parsing.

Is that possible with Spring-WS for POX?

Many thanks,
              Harel

Comment

Hi,

Is it possible to have POX examples (https://fisheye.springsource.org/cha...les/pox/server) updated? Currently examples use AbstractDomPayloadEndpoint and PayloadRootQNameEndpointMapping which both are deprecated nowadays.

Br,
                Tomi

Comment

Working...
                X