Hi

Is there a bug with NodeMapper and XPath? I have an XML document like this:

HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <inxdoc:inx-document xmlns="http://www.inx.com/ims/response/4.6"
        xmlns:inxdoc="http://www.inx.com/sd/document/4.6">
        <inxdoc:metadata>
            <inxdoc:doc-properties>
                <inxdoc:doc-property name="data-source">Blah</inxdoc:doc-property>
                <inxdoc:doc-property name="identifier">blah.txt</inxdoc:doc-property>
                <inxdoc:doc-property name="modified-date">Monday, November 1, 2004 7:17:10 PM GMT</inxdoc:doc-property>
                <inxdoc:doc-property name="title">blah.txt</inxdoc:doc-property>
                <inxdoc:doc-property name="extension">txt</inxdoc:doc-property>
                <inxdoc:doc-property name="content-type">text/plain</inxdoc:doc-property>
                <inxdoc:doc-property name="encoding">utf-8</inxdoc:doc-property>
                <inxdoc:doc-property name="content-format">text</inxdoc:doc-property>
            </inxdoc:doc-properties>
    After repeated failed attempts at the XPath expression to get hold of the "inxdoc:doc-property" values, I used OxygenXML to generate the following XPathExpression:

Code:
    /inxdoc:inx-document/inxdoc:metadata/inxdoc:doc-properties/inxdoc:doc-property
    This line of code in my app throws an exception though:

Code:
    XPathExpression myExpression = XPathExpressionFactory.createXPathExpression("/inxdoc:inx-document/inxdoc:metadata/inxdoc:doc-properties/inxdoc:doc-property");
    And the exception is:

Code:
    com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.domapi.XPathStylesheetDOM3Exception: Prefix must resolve to a namespace: inxdoc
    The namespace declaration for inxdoc looks fine to me. Any advice would be greatfully accepted - I am really stuck...

Edit - sorry, this is nothing to do with NodeMapper, it's more to do with XPathExpressionFactory I think....

I still need help though please

Comment

I guess your XPathExpression doesn't know about the namespace. Use XPathExpression.createXPathExpression(String expression, Map namespaces). The namespace map should consist of string prefixes mapped to string namespaces.

Cheers, Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan, will try that as soon as I get home and post my findings. I did try a dummy file with a basic namespace and it worked (xmlns:test1="blah"), so it's strange that for this real file, it doesn't work. But, explicitly passing in the namespaces sounds like a good idea - I'll give it a shot

Cheers

Comment

Worked perfectly, thanks

Comment

Working...
          X