Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Axiom uses SAX for response, not STAX. Any workaround to this? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axiom uses SAX for response, not STAX. Any workaround to this?

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to send a SOAP response with Axiom but with the use of Stax instead of a SAX. Axiom uses a SAXResult object to send the response back but I definitely need STAX instead due to its streaming capacities. Since Saaj uses DOM, and saaj and axiom are the only 2 options using spring web services, I am kind of stuck here. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help. -J
    Last edited by James Equalizer; Mar 13th, 2008, 04:48 AM.

James,

There are a couple of related discussions on this, at:
    http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=49586 and
    http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=50967

Comment

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I've checked out your links and read about this soon-to-be-released patch which seems to be the key as I'm experiencing performance problems with sax handler on the server side with large server responses. The memory used by our application to send the response back is very high as the message does not use streaming.
      Can you tell me when this patch will be integrated and in which release? If you could provide me with the date (approximatively) of the release it would be really nice.

Thanks a lot, -J

Comment

James - I don't know what the final fix will be and when that will be integrated officially. My patch gives one way to address it generally, but still requires the response to be copied into a byte array temporarily, so does not necessarily solve all the memory issues when really large messages are being used. And there are probably other ways the problem can be solved in addition to my patch. I just put the patch out there as one suggestion.

Comment

Working...
        X