Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Web Services 1.5.0 Release Candidate 1 released

Dear Spring community,

I'm pleased to announce that Spring Web Services 1.5.0 RC1 has been released! This release candidate release introduces:
    • WS-Addressing support for both client and server, supporting the August 2004 and final versions of the specification,
    • A new and improved XSD-to-WSDL generator that inlines included and import XSDs,
    • Support for Spring Security
    • Support for the Java 6 HTTP Server
    • Two new samples, showing Plain Old XML usage and WS-Addressing with the Java 6 HTTP server

Additionally, there are other minor improvements and bug fixes.

Spring-WS 1.5.0 RC1 is the first milestone in the 1.5 series, which is now feature complete. The 1.5.0 series is 95% backwards compatible, though support for Java 1.3 has been dropped, in favor of Java 1.6. Java 6 is required to build.

The next release in this branch will be 1.5.0, to be released around the 28th of March, unless a second release candidate is required. After 1.5.0 final has been released, there will be a 1.0.4, backporting all bugfixes in the 1.5 branch.

For Maven users, please note that this release is not published at the central maven repository. Instead it is published on Amazon's S3 service, like all Spring milestones. To use it, add the following repository to your POM:

Code:
    <repository>
       <id>spring-milestone</id>
       <name>Spring Milestone Repository</name>
       <url>http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.springframework.org/milestone</url>
    </repository>
    For more information, see http://static.springframework.org/spring-ws/sites/1.5/

Cheers,

Arjen

No DefaultWsdl11Definition class on maven repo

The latest (as of now) 1.5.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT version of spring-ws on the http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.spring...k.org/snapshot Maven repo does not contain the
    Code:
    org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.DefaultWsdl11Definition
    class neither the
    Code:
    org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.ProviderBasedWsdl4jDefinition
    class although the API docs for 1.5.0-rc1 at the http://static.springframework.org/sp...ocs/index.html do contain them.
    I belive the Maven distribution is not complete. Or am I missing something?

Regards, Peter

Comment

I guess we should wait for 1.5.0-rc1 version to apear on the repo

The sourceforge distribution is fine though, so I'm just going to manualy install those jars to my local maven2 repository for now...

Comment

Inlines included and import XSD

Is there any options to specify in the context file in order to a use the new XSD-to-WSDL generator feature that inlines included and import XSDs?

Comment

Try this...

Alex,

I hope this helps:

Code:
              <bean id="someService" class="org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.DefaultWsdl11Definition">        
                  <!--
                  This is how you used to do it....            
                  <property name="schema">
                      <bean class="org.springframework.xml.xsd.SimpleXsdSchema">   
                    <property name="xsd" value="someSchemaFileWithImportsAndIncludes.xsd"/>
                      </bean>
                  </property>        
                  --> 
                  <!--This is how you do it to include all referenced schemas inline-->
                  <property name="schemaCollection">
                      <bean class="org.springframework.xml.xsd.commons.CommonsXsdSchemaCollection">                
                    <property name="xsds" value="someSchemaFileWithImportsAndIncludes.xsd"/>
                          <property name="inline" value="true"/>
                      </bean>
                  </property>                        
                  <property name="portTypeName" value="myPortTypeName"/>
                  <property name="locationUri" value="http://localhost:8080/services/myServiceName"/>
              </bean>
          Regards,

Joshua

Comment

I modified the context file as you suggested. Spring-WS has generated a WSDL that inlines the imported XSDs. It works great!

Thank you for your help Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by alex.arica View Post
              I modified the context file as you suggested. Spring-WS has generated a WSDL that inlines the imported XSDs. It works great!
              I'm happy to hear that!

Obviously, I will add/change the documentation for this, but it's good to hear that people are using it already.

Comment

Originally posted by 5er_levart View Post
                The latest (as of now) 1.5.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT version of spring-ws on the http://s3.amazonaws.com/maven.spring...k.org/snapshot Maven repo does not contain the
                Code:
                org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.DefaultWsdl11Definition
                class neither the
                Code:
                org.springframework.ws.wsdl.wsdl11.ProviderBasedWsdl4jDefinition
                class although the API docs for 1.5.0-rc1 at the http://static.springframework.org/sp...ocs/index.html do contain them.
                I belive the Maven distribution is not complete. Or am I missing something?
                Well, I moved the code over from the sandbox and released before a snapshot was built. So the endresult was that the RC1 release contained code which wasn't in the snapshot.

Comment

Can this be used for pre-defined WSDLs?

Originally posted by Arjen Poutsma View Post
                  I'm happy to hear that!

Obviously, I will add/change the documentation for this, but it's good to hear that people are using it already.
                  Hi Arjen,

Great work! It isn't clear how (or if) this can be applied to pre-defined WSDLs. Can you clarify?

Thanks
                  Ray Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by ray_harrison View Post
                    Hi Arjen,

Great work! It isn't clear how (or if) this can be applied to pre-defined WSDLs. Can you clarify?
                    Not sure what you mean by pre-defined WSDLs, and how this should work in combination with them. but you can't use this approach as a substitute for the SimpleWsdl11Definition. This is more or less the successor to the Wsdl11DefinitionBuilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Arjen Poutsma View Post
                      Not sure what you mean by pre-defined WSDLs, and how this should work in combination with them. but you can't use this approach as a substitute for the SimpleWsdl11Definition. This is more or less the successor to the Wsdl11DefinitionBuilder.
                      Hi Arjen,

Definitely understood. In our organization, we often receive a WSDL built by another team (what I mean by pre-defined) along with its set of imported XSDs.

Currently, we use SimpleWsdl11Definition along with the code mods provided in the included zip file for http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SWS-281. I take it from your answer above that serving up imported XSDs inside static WSDLs is not a part of this release so we'll continue with our own modifications.

I see that SWS-281 is closed but I believe part of it's original request (serving up imported XSDs inside static WSDLs) does cover a fairly common use case amongst the community. If I have time, I may try and extend your inlining work for the SimpleWsdl11Definition and submit it.

Thanks
                      Ray

Comment

I see. The new provider-based model is a lot more flexible than the older builder model, so I think it could work.

What you could do is create a class that implement MessagesBuilder, PortTypesBuilder, BindingsBuilder, and ServicesBuilder, and simply supply them from the pre-defined WSDL (Use the WSDL4J WSDLFactory and WSDLReader to read the predefined WSDL).

Then, use the ProviderBasedWsdl4jDefinition, plugin in your class in combination with the InlingXsdSchemaTypesProvider, which has a reference to a CommonsXsdSchemaCollection.

Comment

Why haven't sources for SpringWS 1.5.0-rc1 been released in the Spring Milestone Repository? It's good to have them for debugging.

P.S. I've checked out 1.5.0-rc1 tag, and tried to install sources to my local maven repository. Before installing, Maven run tests, and two of them fail:
                          - testAuthenticateUserPlainTextValid(org.springframe work.ws.soap.security.xwss.callback.jaas.JaasPlain TextPasswordValidationCallbackHandlerTest)
                          - testValidateCertificateValid(org.springframework.w s.soap.security.xwss.callback.jaas.JaasCertificate ValidationCallbackHandlerTest)

Is this known issue? Was the rc1 released with these two tests failing?

Will there be sources released afterwards? If not, I'll install sources locally by skipping tests.
                          Last edited by sslavic; Mar 17th, 2008, 03:52 AM. Reason: P.S.

Comment

Hmm, when I go to http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.sp...ore/1.5.0-rc1/, I see the source jars...

With regard to the build failures: not sure what happened there. It works fine on my box , but also the continuous integration machine...

By the way: I will release an 1.5 RC2 tomorrow, with some minor bug fixes and some new documentation.

Comment

I didn't look in each module dir, because I've set whole spring-ws as dependency which has no sources attached/released ( http://s3browse.com/explore/maven.sp...-ws/1.5.0-rc1/ )

Will configure dependency to modules. Thanks for reply! Looking forward to new RC!

Comment

Working...
                              X