X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logging a missing/invalid x509 cert?

I'm using acegi to front end a web service, and I'm requiring a cert by using the XwsSecurityInterceptor.

Is there a way to catch when the cert is invalid or not in the trust store so I can log that somewhere?

Hoping a bump will get some more views and an answer,

Along the same line, I'd like to be able to log the IP address from the incoming request if something in the endpoint fails. Is there a way to get the request information?
    Last edited by sbirnie; Feb 21st, 2008, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbirnie View Post
      I'm using acegi to front end a web service, and I'm requiring a cert by using the XwsSecurityInterceptor.

Is there a way to catch when the cert is invalid or not in the trust store so I can log that somewhere?
      Well, you can override the KeyStoreCallbackhandler, and do the appropriate logging where you want.

Comment

Originally posted by sbirnie View Post
        Hoping a bump will get some more views and an answer,

Along the same line, I'd like to be able to log the IP address from the incoming request if something in the endpoint fails. Is there a way to get the request information?
        You can always get a reference to the current transport connection from the TransportContextHolder, as explained in the reference docs. See http://static.springframework.org/sp...nsport-context

Comment

Working...
        X