Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring tutorial unclear because of maven

Hello all,

First of all I am a total newb with the Spring WS framework. So please forgive any stupidness from my part...

I am trying to figure it all out using the tutorial but this already gave me some headaches. First of all the use of maven to setup the project makes things very unlcear. Especially since the archetype plugin (1.0-alpha-7) cannot be found automatically and when I downloaded it manually the project still will not be build because of some plexor error. I can find a lot of posts of people with the same problem but no-one gives a proper answer (I also don't have a .m2 directory to clear but even a new empty maven 2.0.8 install will not give me a proper build of the tutorial example (yes, i have the proxy up and there is a good internet connection)).

Anyway really I don't wan't to use maven anyway (all projects are build on 'ant' here) but just reading the tutorial and trying to implement webservices into my existing project gives me a lot of questions, for instance: the class "com.mycompany.hr.service.HumanResourceService " is imported in the endpoint class example but it's never created, nor do I see if Spring WS comes with some sort of Java2Wsdl like axis has to generate this file. Are files like these generated?

Or can somebody point me to a tutorial or post where there is a step by step explenation on how to use/incorporate Spring WS without the maven voodoo?

Thanx in advance....
    Dennis

Originally posted by Dennis Kunst View Post
    Hello all,
    I am trying to figure it all out using the tutorial but this already gave me some headaches. First of all the use of maven to setup the project makes things very unlcear. Especially since the archetype plugin (1.0-alpha-7) cannot be found automatically and when I downloaded it manually the project still will not be build because of some plexor error. I can find a lot of posts of people with the same problem but no-one gives a proper answer (I also don't have a .m2 directory to clear but even a new empty maven 2.0.8 install will not give me a proper build of the tutorial example (yes, i have the proxy up and there is a good internet connection)).
    I'm sorry to hear that. I just ran the tutorial command locally (with an empty repo), and it works fine.

Originally posted by Dennis Kunst View Post
    Anyway really I don't wan't to use maven anyway (all projects are build on 'ant' here) but just reading the tutorial and trying to implement webservices into my existing project gives me a lot of questions, for instance: the class "com.mycompany.hr.service.HumanResourceService " is imported in the endpoint class example but it's never created, nor do I see if Spring WS comes with some sort of Java2Wsdl like axis has to generate this file. Are files like these generated?
    No, the HumanResourceService is a Java business service, which is delegated to from the endpoint class. Spring-WS itself does not do code generation, because that results in tight coupling between contract and implementation.

Or can somebody point me to a tutorial or post where there is a step by step explenation on how to use/incorporate Spring WS without the maven voodoo?
    You can take a look at the tutorial application, in samples. It contains the completed application.
    Last edited by Arjen Poutsma; Feb 26th, 2008, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Thanx Arjen for the reply...

In the mean time, the sample projects have got me long way... my project is now extended with a webservice. I can view the WSDL of my service with the browser.

However finding the right set of jar's is proving to be a bit of a nightmare. Currently when a call the service I get exceptions like "Could not create message from InputStream" originating from: "java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking org/w3c/dom/Attr class"...

I found a problem description just like it on the forum from someone who also uses weblogic... but nobody has provided any answers yet...

Comment

Make sure that you either override the XML parsers in Weblogic properly; or use BEA's provided ones. Mixing XML parsers in Java is always a pain .

Comment

Hello Arjen,

Thanx, I discovered that too... the Spring webservice stuff was pretty easy to incorporate into my existing project after having a good look at the samples... the hard part was finding a good set of supporting libraries that work with the Mix of my original code, Bea weblogic 9.2 and Spring framework... now I have my project set up and I can start developing my web services.

ps. the solution to the xml parsing problem can be found in this thread: http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=48062

regards,

Dennis

Comment

Working...
          X