Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext.newInstance Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext.newInstance

Hi,

I am using Jaxb2 marshaller for my web service. I could run the sample web service with this without any problems.
    But now its giving errror while creating bean "marshaller" and the error is:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'bookDeliverySlotsdEndPoint' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring-ws-servlet.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'marshaller' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'marshaller' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring-ws-servlet.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext.newInstance([Ljava/lang/ClassLjavax/xml/bind/JAXBContext;
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'marshaller' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring-ws-servlet.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext.newInstance([Ljava/lang/ClassLjavax/xml/bind/JAXBContext;
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext.newInstance([Ljava/lang/ClassLjavax/xml/bind/JAXBContext;
    at org.springframework.oxm.jaxb.Jaxb2Marshaller.creat eJaxbContextFromClasses(Jaxb2Marshaller.java:306)
    at org.springframework.oxm.jaxb.Jaxb2Marshaller.creat eJaxbContext(Jaxb2Marshaller.java:280)
    at org.springframework.oxm.jaxb.AbstractJaxbMarshalle r.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractJaxbMarshaller.java:1 25)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(Abstr actAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1057)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1024)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:421)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:2 45)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultS ingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingleton BeanRegistry.java:140)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:242)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:156)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitio nValueResolver.java:248)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefi nitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDe finitionValueResolver.java:128)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Construc torResolver.resolveConstructorArguments(Constructo rResolver.java:329)
    The only diff is my xsd file & DTOs generated by it with date type as:

<element name="BookDeliverySlotsRequest">
    <complexType>
    <sequence>
    <element name="deliveryDate" type="dateTime"/>
    <element name="startTime" type="dateTime"/>
    <element name="endTime" type="dateTime"/>
    <element name="addressLine1" type="string"/>
    <element name="addressLine2" type="string"/>
    <element name="addressLine3" type="string"/>
    <element name="postcode" type="string"/>
    <element name="totalWeight" type="double"/>
    <element name="totalTimeInMins" type="long"/>
    <element name="deliveryCenter" type="string"/>
    </sequence>
    </complexType>
    </element>

<element name="BookDeliverySlotsResponse" type="tns:Booking"/>
    Does anyone has idea what can be causing the error?
    Does this javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext.newInstance() method expect java 1.6 version??

I am using java 1.5 & WAS6.1.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
    Sulabha

Same issue like yours

...did you get to the bottom of it? Is the the version of Java or SAAJ that's the problem?

Regards,
    Igor

Comment

Fixed it...

The problem was in the JAXB library included with Spring - I think it was missing the implementation. I downloaded a fresh library from their project website and everything's working.

Comment

Well, Spring-WS ships with two versions of JAXB: 1 and 2. When using the Jaxb2Marshaller, you have to make sure that the JAXB1 jar is not on the classpath.

Comment

It would be nice if...

Hello Arjen,

without being too critical of the doco (who likes to write the detailed doco these days), it would be nice if there was a troubleshooting section in the Spring Web Services doco - where common issues are documented - I am not the first person who has come across this one.

The other "beauty" was the generated classes (by JAXB) - if you're the first time user and if you don't know anything about package-info.java class and don't include it in your build you get a strange error (namespace expected should be X and your namespace is Y). It took me several days to work out that this class is actually important (no one said so on JAXB XJC website )

But it's all good now.

A question on a different topic - are there any examples on how to use arrays with Spring Web Services (without wrapping an array property within a class please). Any examples on this one - this is one of the first things people would like to try with their Hello World samples.

Regards,
          Igor

Comment

Working...
          X