Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so can I then draw the conclusion that Spring-ws is only usable with low concurrent usage and/or small messages?

Comment

Originally posted by jimpo View Post
      Thanks.

To make sure I read your answer correctly, do you mean that I can create a streaming web service right now, using Spring-WS as is, if I don't use any interceptors? Or, that it would be possible, if Spring-WS would be implemented a bit differently?

I need to create a streaming web service. Basically I am just trying to gather whether I can use Spring-WS to do it, or do I need to use some other solution (xfire, some other?).

You mention a different kind of SoapMessageFactory. Would it be feasible for us to implement a new implementation of SoapMessageFactory and use it for the streaming web services (and continue to use the "normal" SoapMessageFactory for the regular ones, which we also have). How easy or difficult would the implementation and configuration be?
      Have you heard of vtd-xml? It is a far more advanced option that excels in performance and memory usage at the same time...

http://vtd-xml.sf.net

Comment

Originally posted by jrabbitb View Post
        Short term solution is to adjust your JVM -Xmx to something like 1024 whould get you through about 100MB in message size (bloats to up to 10x the message size in memory, ) hope that helps.
        I thought this too until I realized that log4j was using half of that 10x. I set the MessageTracing logger to ERROR that got it to about 5x. After increasing my eden space, I decreased it to about 2.5X for a 100mb file.

Logger Server Side:
        Code:
        log4j.logger.org.springframework.ws.server.MessageTracing=ERROR
        Logger Client Side:
        Code:
        log4j.logger.org.springframework.ws.client.MessageTracing=ERROR
        Heap and Eden increase:
        Code:
        -Xms512m
        -Xmx1300m
        -XX:NewSize=256m

Comment