Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
using AbstractMarshallingPayloadEndpoint when operation has no request message Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using AbstractMarshallingPayloadEndpoint when operation has no request message

I want to use the AbstractMarshallingPayloadEndpoint for an API which has no inputs. Therefore, there is no xsd type for the incoming request object. To go along with the airline example, for an operation like "GetAllKnownFlights", in which no input data is required, the wsdl might look like

<wsdl:message name="GetAllKnownFlightsInput" />

Is there a way to use the AbstractMarshallingPayloadEndpoint in such a way? Is there a way to have null passed down to the endpoint in such a case? Do I need to create some empty xsd type for the incoming message?

Thanks Much!

Yes, the AbstractMarshallingPayloadEndpoint supports SOAP messages with no Body contents. null will be passed to the invokeInternal method.

Comment

getting java.lang.IllegalArgumentException &quot;source parameter must not be null&quot;

Hi,
      Thanks for your response. I'm seeing an java.lang.IllegalArgumentException thrown by the underlying jaxb unmarshalling implementation when the SOAP message contains no body. What am I missing here? Thanks again for your reply.

Comment

I'm sorry: the issue (http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...browse/SWS-164) has been solved after Spring-WS 1.0 has been released. It is part of the current snapshots, and will be in 1.0.1, to be released next week.

Comment

Working...
        X