Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
RC2 backwards compatibility issue? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RC2 backwards compatibility issue?

    I have just moved up to RC2 but have found the following behaviour. Responses that were send as text/xml are now being returned as multiparts. This is a problem with an existing Axis 1.4 client that I have been using.

    RC1

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK

    Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

    Accept: text/xml, text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2

    Content-Type: text/xml;charset=utf-8

    Content-Length: 368

    Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:42:50 GMT

    Connection: close



    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <ns4:StoreShopCartResponse xmlns="" xmlns:ns2="http://maps.real.com/uds/shopping" xmlns:ns3="http://maps.real.com/ecs/order" xmlns:ns4="http://maps.real.com/uds/scs">
    <ns4:Status>OK</ns4:Status>
    </ns4:StoreShopCartResponse>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    RC2

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK

    Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

    Accept: text/xml, text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2

    Content-Type: Multipart/Related; type="application/xop+xml"; boundary="----=_Part_9_11316257.1182271222501"; start-info="text/xml"

    Content-Length: 517

    Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:40:22 GMT

    Connection: close



    ------=_Part_9_11316257.1182271222501

    Content-Type: application/xop+xml; type="text/xml"; charset=utf-8



    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <ns4:StoreShopCartResponse xmlns="" xmlns:ns2="http://maps.real.com/uds/shopping" xmlns:ns3="http://maps.real.com/ecs/order" xmlns:ns4="http://maps.real.com/uds/scs">
    <ns4:Status>OK</ns4:Status>
    </ns4:StoreShopCartResponse>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>------=_Part_9_11316257.1182271222501--

    It seems to work fine with a colleague's Spring WS client what we use for integration testing. For fun I regenerated my Axis client (wsdl2java) and it still didn't work.

    I know the framework isn't GA so making changes like this (for the better) is OK but I wanted to make people aware of the issue.

    Ian.

  • #2
    I know two other developers that upgraded to RC2 and now have Axis clients that are broke.
    I wonder why the change to multipart..?

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you use JAXB2 in your Spring-WS server? If so, I probably know what's going on.

      I fixed some bugs in the MTOM support of the JAXB2, which I think results in the multi-part. You can set the "mtomEnabled" property to false, which should disable the multi-part stuff. The default for this property is now true, but given the problems you described, I think it's best to make false the default.

      If you're not using JAXB2, please create a JIRA issue describing all parts of Spring-WS you use.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi guys,

        I really would like to know whether the solution described above works (i.e. the mtomEnabled property). If it doesn't, I have a bug to fix...

        Comment


        • #5
          It works fine

          Sorry for not posting earlier - I've been unwell. It works fine - my Axis client worked without modification once I'd changed the JAXB serializer's property. Once I'm feeling a bit better I'll have a go a changing the mime types in the response message to see if Axis plays better with something like text/xml.

          Thanks,

          Ian.

          Comment

          Working...
          X