Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate Contect Type header in the SOAP response

Hi All,

I have converted one of our existing web service that was implemented using Axis + Spring to Spring WS, everyting went well except that in the SOAP response, I got duplicate content type header. Any thoughts?

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
    Server: Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (9.0.4.0.0)
    Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:44:56 GMT

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:44:58 GMT
    Server: Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (9.0.4.0.0)
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
    Content-Type: application/octet-stream
    Content-Type: text/xml; charset="utf-8"
    Content-Length: 12370
    SOAPAction: ""
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>

Hmm, looks like a bug. The "text/xml" header is the correct one. Could you file one in JIRA? Make sure you enter details about with SOAP implementation you are using (SAAJ or Axiom).

Thanks

Comment

SaajSoapMessageContextFactory is missing?

I seems like this problem is fixed in M3, so I downloaded the jars files, but I got another problem. I got the ClassNotFound exception for messageContextFactory

<bean id="messageContextFactory"
      class="org.springframework.ws.soap.saaj.SaajSoapMe ssageContextFactory" />

any idea? Thanks in advance

Comment

Yes, there has been done some refactorings in the last couple of weeks. This is mainly due to the upcoming client-side support.

One of the changes is that the various message context factories have been changed to a message factories. So, in your case, you should change to the following:

Code:
        <bean id="messageFactory" class="org.springframework.ws.soap.saaj.SaajSoapMessageFactory"/>
        You can check out the sample applications to see if there are more changes required.

I will include some migration notes in the upcoming M3 release, to be released later this month.

Comment

Thanks Arjen. At the same time, I found a work around of this problem with OC4J for now. It seems like the OC4J container get the default MIME type from
          orion-web.xml, so I created a customized orion-web.xml file like below:

<orion-web-app deployment-version="9.0.4.0.0"
          temporary-directory="./temp" internationalize-resources="false"
          default-mime-type="text/xml">
          </orion-web-app>

and then packag it into EAR file. This might help if somebody had the same problem.

Comment

Working...
          X