Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-WS 1.0 M2 released

Dear Spring community,

I'm pleased to announce that Spring Web Services 1.0 M2 has been released. 1.0 M2 is the second milestone of Spring-WS: a product of the Spring community focused on creating document-driven Web services.

Spring-WS 1.0 M2 includes support for Plain Old XML messages, SAAJ 1.3, SOAP 1.2, and further refinements. It also contains numerous fixes for issues discovered since 1.0 M1. Please see the changelog file (as well as the changelog in JIRA) for details.

For more information, refer to the changelog.

The release can be downloaded here.

The Spring-WS home page is here.

Breaking changes
    If you migrate your application from M1 to M2, you might have to change your code. Here is a list of the most important changes:
    • MessageHandlerAdapter has been renamed to MessageEndpointHandlerAdapter. The new name describes the function of the class better. You need to change this name in your *-servlet.xml application context files.
    • Jaxb2Marshaller has been moved to its own module spring-oxm-tiger. This was necessary to use because JAXB2 uses Java 1.5, and spring-oxm compiles with 1.3: I couldn't run the unit tests previously.
    • The org.springframework.xml package has been moved to a separate module. Necessary because spring-oxm now also depends on it.
    • All EndpointInterceptor implementations (including the PayloadValidatingInterceptor and PayloadLoggingInterceptor) have been moved to their own package (org.springframework.ws.endpoint.interceptor). The SOAP-specific SoapEnvelopeLoggingInterceptor has been moved to org.springframework.ws.soap.endpoint.interceptor.
    • EndpointMappings have been moved to separate packages as well. The non-SOAP specific PayloadRootQNameEndpointMapping (and subclasses) has been moved to org.springframework.ws.endpoint.mapping. The SOAP-specific SoapActionEndpointMapping has been moved to org.springframework.ws.soap.endpoint.mapping.
    • SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 specific features have been moved to seperate interfaces. For instance, there is a Soap11Body interface, which allows you to add SOAP 1.1-specific faults to a message.

Cheers,

Is this available in any public Maven repository? If not, are there plans on making this available in the near future?

Thanks, and great work.

Comment

It will be oon Ibiblio, i've created a Maven2 upload Jira issue for it.

Comment

I downloaded spring-ws-1.0-m2-full.zip. The readme file says that the directory "docs" contains the reference manual but it's not there.

Comment

Darn . I will try and upload a version that does contain the reference docs.

In the mean time, you can view the HTML version here, or download the PDF version here.

Comment

maven?

I'm wondering spring-ws 1.0 m2 was made available for maven2?
            I'm trying to buidl the airline sample from spring-ws 1.0 m2 but having no luck.
            I at least need to generate the schema info.
            Any ideas?

Comment

build airline example

hello,

i don't have experience with maven, but i try build airline and trace:
              Code:
              [INFO] Cannot execute mojo: resources. It requires a project with an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.
              any ideas to solve this?

thanks in advance,
              CÚsar.

Comment

Spring-WS is now on ibiblio (just the jars, not the samples). I will investigate the build errors you get this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X