Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error running Airline web service sample in WAS6.0 app server

Hi,

I am new to spring framework. I have been getting this error with "Airline" sample web service on Rational Application Developer's WAS6.0 test environment (tried on WAS 5.o too). I appreciate a lot if someone can help me out in making this work.

[7/28/06 13:31:22:174 CDT] 00000018 ContextLoader E Context initialization failed
    [7/28/06 13:31:22:174 CDT] 00000018 ContextLoader E TRAS0014I: The following exception was logged java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory: method getSchema()Ljavax/xml/validation/Schema; not found
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBu ilderImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBu ilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Unknown Source)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.createDocumentBuilder(XmlBeanDefinitio nReader.java:481)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitio nReader.java:351)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionR eader.java:302)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionR eader.java:277)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractB eanDefinitionReader.java:129)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractB eanDefinitionReader.java:145)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebAppl icationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicati onContext.java:126)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebAppl icationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicati onContext.java:94)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefres hableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(Abstrac tRefreshableApplicationContext.java:89)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:279)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRe freshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRef reshableWebApplicationContext.java:155)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.crea teWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.init WebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java: 49)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.notifyServle tContextCreated(WebApp.java:1355)

I think you are startup WAS with the SUN jdk (see the reference to com.sun) in the classpath. That's not supported, you will have to use a IBM jdk to run it.

I'm not saying that the airline sample will actually run on WAS, but it might if you upgrade all XML handling API's (as explain in another, older thread on this forum, related to BEA weblogic).

Comment

Working...
    X