Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightly build(24.7): missing class

Hi,
    i switchted to the nightly build. At startup, i get this exception:

1875 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] ERROR context.ContextLoader - Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Error registering bean with name 'messageHandlerAdapter' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/eimws-servlet.xml]: Class that bean class [org.springframework.ws.transport.http.MessageEndpo intHandlerAdapter] depends on not found; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/web/servlet/support/RequestMethodNotSupportedException
    Caused by:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/web/servlet/support/RequestMethodNotSupportedException
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassU tils.java:160)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanDefinition.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanDefini tion.java:320)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.j ava:910)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory.getBeanNamesForType(DefaultList ableBeanFactory.java:138)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.getBeanNamesForType(AbstractApplicati onContext.java:652)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(Abstr actApplicationContext.java:382)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:314)
    at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRe freshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRef reshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.crea teWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.init WebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java: 49)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerS tart(StandardContext.java:3729)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Sta ndardContext.java:4187)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInt ernal(ContainerBase.java:759)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Co ntainerBase.java:739)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Sta ndardHost.java:524)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(H ostConfig.java:809)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs( HostConfig.java:698)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps( HostConfig.java:472)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostC onfig.java:1190)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEv ent(HostConfig.java:292)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLife cycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundP rocess(ContainerBase.java:1305)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBa ckgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.ja va:1569)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBa ckgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.ja va:1578)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBa ckgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1558)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Cheers,

Ingo

It's used by
    MessageEndpointHandlerAdapter
    and
    WsdlDefinitionHandlerAdapter
    . Is this a dependency to spring-web? Ididn't needed it in M1.

Ingo

Comment

That's weird, it should be in spring-webmvc.jar. The HandlerAdapter interface, used by SWS in M1, is in the same jar, so you also had to have this dependency for M1 as well.

Comment

That's weird, it should be in spring-webmvc.jar.
        Ok, i will add it then.

Code:
        The HandlerAdapter interface, used by SWS in M1, is in the same jar, so you also had to have this dependency for M1 as well.
        I didn't had the spring-webmvc.jar in my classpath before, i checked my local svn-repository.

Cheers,

Ingo

Comment

Originally posted by res1st
          I didn't had the spring-webmvc.jar in my classpath before, i checked my local svn-repository.
          Ok, I trust you .

Comment

Ok, I trust you .
            Hehe, come by and drink a beer with me.

Comment

I'm using spring-framework-2.0-rc1 and the "spring-webmvc.jar" doesn't contrain the "org/springframework/web/servlet/support/RequestMethodNotSupportedException".

I just switched from Spring RC1 to RC2, but it didn't changed anything.

Changlog of Spring:
              Code:
              Package org.springframework.web
              [...]
              * reworked RequestMethodNotSupportedException into HttpRequestMethodNotSupportedException in root web package
               [...]
              Ingo

Comment

Can you solve the problem, it's still in the 2006/07/26 ("today") build.
                Cheers,

Ingo

Comment

Hmm, seems like Spring 2.0 is not completely backwards compatible anymore. I will remove the reference.

Comment

Ok, thank you. I'll use the next nightly build.

Ingo

Comment

Ok, it's working again. Thank you,

Ingo

Comment

Working...
                      X