X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-WS 0.9.1 release and beyond

I planned to do a 0.9.1 release on April 5th. Unfortunately, with the recent SourceForge CVS outage, this might have to wait a few days. The 0.9.1 release is mostly a bug-fix release, which fixes issues that have been reported since 0.9 was released almost two months ago.

After that, I'm going to working on new features, which will be released in Milestone releases. There are a couple of interesting new things planned, which can be seen on the "Road Map" tab of the Spring-WS JIRA. Some of these features are done, and just need to be committed to CVS; others need more work. Some highlights:
    • CommandEndpoints, which resemble the CommandControllers of Spring MVC. Basically, the idea is populate a command object with properties from the incoming message, using (for instance) XPath expressions
    • A Streaming implementation of the SoapMessage interface, useful for handling large messages
    • WS-Security support, leveraging Acegi

If you think there is anything missing from the list, please let me know. I'm very much interested in hearing your feedback on this. This also goes for the O/X mapping module: if your favorite XML Marshalling framework is missing, let me know.
Working...
X