X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwA and MTOM support?

Is there any support for SwA and/or MTOM in spring-ws out of the box?

I see that SAAJ is being used for the underlying SOAP types, so SwA support is possible in some form, but is there any support for exposing services which send/receive attachment payloads?

PS. Kudos for including pluggable Jibx support in the first cut!

Originally posted by pelletk
    Is there any support for SwA and/or MTOM in spring-ws out of the box?

I see that SAAJ is being used for the underlying SOAP types, so SwA support is possible in some form, but is there any support for exposing services which send/receive attachment payloads?
    Not yet, though you could cast the SoapMessage to a SaajSoapMessage, and extract the attachments as such. We will add proper attachment support before we reach 1.0, though. The solution we will use will probably resemble o.s.mail.javamail.MimeMessageHelper somewhat. I added a JIRA issue for this feature.

On a related note: though SAAJ is currently the only implementation of the SoapMessage/WebServiceMessage interfaces, we are also investigating other options, such as Axis2's AXIOM. Hence the abstractions.

Originally posted by pelletk
    Kudos for including pluggable Jibx support in the first cut!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Arjen Poutsma; Feb 12th, 2006, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've since had a better look through the code and tried digging at SAAJ directly through SaajSoapMessage, just to see what could be done there. The abstraction you're aiming for is obviously the way to go forward.

Well done.

Originally posted by poutsma
      Not yet, though you could cast the SoapMessage to a SaajSoapMessage, and extract the attachments as such. We will add proper attachment support before we reach 1.0, though. The solution we will use will probably resemble o.s.mail.javamail.MimeMessageHelper somewhat. I added a JIRA issue for this feature.

On a related note: though SAAJ is currently the only implementation of the SoapMessage/WebServiceMessage interfaces, we are also investigating other options, such as Axis2's AXIOM. Hence the abstractions.

Thanks!

Comment

Attachment support now in CVS

I've added preliminary attachment support to CVS: an Attachment interface, and ways to iterate over all attachments, and add attachments to a SoapMessage.

I've tried to keep the implementation as abstract as possible, so that MIME-specific details don't seep through. What I hope to gain from this is that other attachment technologies (for instance DIME, used by .NET) are able to use the same interface.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by poutsma
          I've added preliminary attachment support to CVS: an Attachment interface, and ways to iterate over all attachments, and add attachments to a SoapMessage.
          hello everybody, dear poutsma,

i am very interested in using the new spring ws functionality. Currently i am using the JaxRpcFactory stuff from spring to make Web Service calls. Right now i am not seeing a way to send/receive attachments via a SOAP Message using this.

1. Are there any simple examples (source? spring-config?) available to see how to configure Spring that is it possible to send SOAP messages with attachments to a WS and how to receive SOAP messages with attachments from a WS?

2. The Client (also Spring) in my aimed scenario must also authenticate at the WebService using https and basic authentication. Is this possible using the Spring WS extensions?

I hope someone can help and shed some light onto this questions.

Cheers,
          Wolfgang
          Last edited by wolfgangsta; May 18th, 2006, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangsta
            1. Are there any simple examples (source? spring-config?) available to see how to configure Spring that is it possible to send SOAP messages with attachments to a WS and how to receive SOAP messages with attachments from a WS?
            There is no client support yet, so sending SOAP messages is not possible right now. For server-side attachment handling, check out the SoapMessage and Attachment interfaces. The basic idea is that you implement MessageEndpoint, cast the given WebServiceMessage to a SoapMessage, and obtain the attachment(s) from there.

Sadly, there is no sample for this yet. I will try and create one soon.

Originally posted by wolfgangsta
            2. The Client (also Spring) in my aimed scenario must also authenticate at the WebService using https and basic authentication. Is this possible using the Spring WS extensions?
            Once again: no client-side support, so this is not possible yet.

Thanks for the interest!

Comment

Working...
            X