X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Services Test

Trying to learn how to create web services.... trying the link below...

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/webser...s_examples.htm

I get about half way down and get to the below and I am lost...how is this proxy made? I have Visual Studio but an completely lost....
    I was successful in putting an HTML page in there in step one and viewing it...
    I created the WebApp.aspx file
    now lost on the instructions below...

Can anyone help or steer me in the direction of some other learning examples or tutorials...

Example from link above
    After the consumer is created, we need to create a proxy for the Web Service to be consumed. This work is done automatically by Visual Studio .NET for us when referencing a Web Service that has been added. Here are the steps to be followed:

Create a proxy for the Web Service to be consumed. The proxy is created using the wsdl utility supplied with the .NET SDK. This utility extracts information from the Web Service and creates a proxy. Thus, the proxy created is valid only for a particular Web Service. If you need to consume other Web Services, you need to create a proxy for this service as well. VS .NET creates a proxy automatically for you when the reference for the Web Service is added. Create a proxy for the Web Service using the wsdl utility supplied with the .NET SDK. It will create FirstSevice.cs in the current directory. We need to compile it to create FirstService.dll (proxy) for the Web Service.

We have a simple need, an ability to test and verify web service deployments for functional completeness. We do have destop tools for QA purposes. We are looking for a 'test harness' that can be invoked via a URL (web app). We have 12+ JAX-RPC web services (WSDLs) and we are constantly adding, enhancing with newer functionality/bug fixes etc. We go through a typical dev/test/uat/production life cycle for deployments. When ever the web service apps are deployed in a particular environment, the concerned group (middleware, operations, application support etc) conduct a basic verification test to make sure the service is functionally responding. I am looking for advice or suggestions on tools, frameworks or experiences that can help.

Comment

Originally posted by owen100 View Post
      We have a simple need, an ability to test and verify web service deployments for functional completeness. We do have destop tools for QA purposes. We are looking for a 'test harness' that can be invoked via a URL (web app). We have 12+ JAX-RPC web services (WSDLs) and we are constantly adding, enhancing with newer functionality/bug fixes etc. We go through a typical dev/test/uat/production life cycle for deployments. When ever the web service apps are deployed in a particular environment, the concerned group (middleware, operations, application support etc) conduct a basic verification test to make sure the service is functionally responding. I am looking for advice or suggestions on tools, frameworks or experiences that can help.
      ????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

Working...
      X