X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DomPoxMessageFactory and JAXB

Hi, there is an application I'm writing a web service for that needs a response in Plain Old XML (POX). I'm new to Spring WS so I followed the HolidayRequest tutorial and got it to properly receive requests and send responses but the responses were sent with the following format:

Code:
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
       <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
       <SOAP-ENV:Body>
            <Person>
                <FirstName>John</FirstName>
                <LastName>Smith</LastName>
            </Person>
       </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
    The format I need is this:

Code:
    <Person>
        <FirstName>John</FirstName>
        <LastName>Smith</LastName>
    </Person>
    I was hoping that it would be as simple as adding this line to spring-ws-servlet.xml:
    Code:
    <bean id="messageFactory" class="org.springframework.ws.pox.dom.DomPoxMessageFactory" />
    but the error I get when I test in SoapUI is:
    Code:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: AbstractSoapFaultDefinitionExceptionResolver requires a SoapMessageObject of class [org.springframework.ws.pox.dom.DomPoxMessage] must be an instance of interface org.springframework.ws.soap.SoapMessage
    	at org.springframework.util.Assert.isInstanceOf(Assert.java:337)
    	at org.springframework.ws.soap.server.endpoint.AbstractSoapFaultDefinitionExceptionResolver.resolveExceptionInternal(AbstractSoapFaultDefinitionExceptionResolver.java:61)
    	at org.springframework.ws.server.endpoint.AbstractEndpointExceptionResolver.resolveException(AbstractEndpointExceptionResolver.java:106)
    	at org.springframework.ws.server.MessageDispatcher.processEndpointException(MessageDispatcher.java:330)
    	at org.springframework.ws.server.MessageDispatcher.dispatch(MessageDispatcher.java:245)
    	at org.springframework.ws.server.MessageDispatcher.receive(MessageDispatcher.java:173)
    	at org.springframework.ws.transport.support.WebServiceMessageReceiverObjectSupport.handleConnection(WebServiceMessageReceiverObjectSupport.java:88)
    	at org.springframework.ws.transport.http.WebServiceMessageReceiverHandlerAdapter.handle(WebServiceMessageReceiverHandlerAdapter.java:59)
    	at org.springframework.ws.transport.http.MessageDispatcherServlet.doService(MessageDispatcherServlet.java:239)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:882)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:789)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:362)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:729)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:843)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:647)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
    	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
    	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)
    I tried asking on Stack Overflow yesterday but haven't gotten any responses. If there is any more information I should provide, please ask. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated it.

EDIT: I put JAXB in the title but that was only from some tutorials I've been trying. I don't need to use it if there's something better/easier that gets the job done.
    Last edited by lancekf; Mar 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM.

lancekf,

Did you get it to work? If so please post your full code. I am also trying to create a POX service using spring-ws. I am looking for tutorials about how to do.

Comment

Unfortunately, no. I only needed to respond with one static message for every request so what I ended up doing was set up a Spring MVC web app that mapped all requests to one method, passing in an HttpServletResponse and then calling getWriter() to stream back exactly what I wanted. Was very simple and worked flawlessly. It doesn't really work as well if you actually need to marshal and unmarshall objects though.

Comment

Alternatively, you could use the DomPoxMessageFactory instead of a SOAP message factory. This will create Plain Old XML (i.e. non-SOAP) messages.

Comment

Working...
        X