X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-WS on Websphere 8.5 NoSuchMethodError

Hello guys i hope somebody could help me with the following problem.

I have a Spring Struts2 web application, that i deploy on a websphere 8.5. i recently updated the Spring-WS libraries to version 2.1.1 and unfortunately after that the application couldnt start on websphere.

I get the following exception:
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti on: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.ws.transport.http.HttpComponen tsMessageSender]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/apache/http/impl/conn/tsccm/ThreadSafeClientConnManager.<init>()V
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:162)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleIn stantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiatio nStrategy.java:87)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(Abstrac tAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:990)
    ... 171 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/apache/http/impl/conn/tsccm/ThreadSafeClientConnManager.<init>()V
    at org.springframework.ws.transport.http.HttpComponen tsMessageSender.<init>(HttpComponentsMessageSender .java:80)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:56)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Construc tor.java:527)
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:147)
    ... 173 more

After a little bit of research i found out that spring-ws 2.1.1 uses a new version of the httpclient libraries and that websphere was using and old version that is packed with websphere 8.5. because of this i decided to change the classloader settings and the application is now using the libraries that are packed witht the web application but now i get a different error at start

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti on: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.ws.soap.addressing.server.Anno tationActionEndpointMapping]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax/xml/namespace/QName.getPrefix()Ljava/lang/String;
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:162)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleIn stantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiatio nStrategy.java:87)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(Abstrac tAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:990)
    ... 112 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax/xml/namespace/QName.getPrefix()Ljava/lang/String;
    at org.springframework.ws.soap.addressing.version.Abs tractAddressingVersion.createNormalizedExpression( AbstractAddressingVersion.java:114)
    at org.springframework.ws.soap.addressing.version.Abs tractAddressingVersion.<init>(AbstractAddressingVe rsion.java:87)
    at org.springframework.ws.soap.addressing.server.Abst ractAddressingEndpointMapping.initDefaultStrategie s(AbstractAddressingEndpointMapping.java:97)
    at org.springframework.ws.soap.addressing.server.Abst ractAddressingEndpointMapping.<init>(AbstractAddre ssingEndpointMapping.java:88)
    at org.springframework.ws.soap.addressing.server.Abst ractActionEndpointMapping.<init>(AbstractActionEnd pointMapping.java:40)
    at org.springframework.ws.soap.addressing.server.Anno tationActionEndpointMapping.<init>(AnnotationActio nEndpointMapping.java:60)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:56)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Construc tor.java:527)
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:147)
    ... 114 more

Can somebody give me a hint how to fix this?

Best Regards
    Pucheteca

Hello

Generally it's not a good idea to have JARs in your WEB-INF/lib which contain javax.xml.namespace.QName class inside. It is a real problem because many JARs contain this class - it is bad legacy from the time when QName was not a part of JRE.

I won't be amazed if some broken QName class is a part of WebSphere 8.5 - try finding a JAR with QName class both in your app and in WebSphere.

For example in WebSphere 7, QName class is in (I show only "interesting" JARS):
    • dev/JavaEE/1.4/j2ee.jar
    • java/jre/lib/xml.jar
    • plugins/com.ibm.ws.dpmanager.jar
    • profiles/<profilename>/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/181/1/.cp/lib/xbean.jar

Probably the most problematic JAR is xml.jar... Please check your WAR also.

regards
    Grzegorz Grzybek

Comment

Working...
    X