Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Spring inject the messageFactory

Hi guys,
    as part of another thread I raised, and because I have difficulty to create the message factory. I wanted to check how Spring is injecting the messageFactory.

So my endpoint is as shown below

Code:
    @PayloadRoot(namespace = NAMESPACE_URI, localPart = "findByCusIdRequest")
    	@ResponsePayload
    	@Transactional(readOnly=true)
    	public SearchCustomerResponse method1(@RequestPayload Element customerSearchOptions) 
    		throws JDOMException, JAXBException
    In my context file, I have not defined any message factory and only my beans are defined. Along with the following Spring ws elements

Code:
       <sws:annotation-driven/>

<sws:dynamic-wsdl id="cusSearchServiceInterface"  
        	portTypeName="CusSearchServicePort"                                                         
        	locationUri="http://server/context/customerSearchService/"                                                       
       		 targetNamespace="http://etc/definitions">      

<sws:xsd location="/WEB-INF/cus-request.xsd"/>                                                  
    	</sws:dynamic-wsdl>

So I followed the code and reached to MessageDispatcherServlet and saw that the message factory is being set as shown below, and there is a defaultStrategiesHelper being used.

Code:
      private void initWebServiceMessageFactory(ApplicationContext context) {
            WebServiceMessageFactory messageFactory;
            try {
                messageFactory = context.getBean(getMessageFactoryBeanName(), WebServiceMessageFactory.class);
            }
            catch (NoSuchBeanDefinitionException ignored) {
                messageFactory = defaultStrategiesHelper
                        .getDefaultStrategy(WebServiceMessageFactory.class, context);
                if (logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
                    logger.debug("No WebServiceMessageFactory found in servlet '" + getServletName() + "': using default");
                }
            }
            messageReceiverHandlerAdapter.setMessageFactory(messageFactory);
        }

Upon reaching the DefaultStrategiesHelper, things are not that clear and I wondering if somebody could shed some light.

When and how are the properties of the DefaultStrategiesHelper set. And from there how are the various message factories chosen.

Thanks
    Kris

They aren't set... They are read when the MessageDispatcherServlet is constructed (check the constructor). It will load a file called MessageDispatcherServlet.properties which contains the default settings.

Comment

Thanks Maarten,

it makes more sense now

Code:
      # Default implementation classes for MessageDispatcherServlet's strategy interfaces.
      # Used as fallback when no matching beans are found in the DispatcherServlet context.
      # Not meant to be customized by application developers.

org.springframework.ws.transport.WebServiceMessageReceiver=org.springframework.ws.soap.server.SoapMessageDispatcher

org.springframework.ws.WebServiceMessageFactory=org.springframework.ws.soap.saaj.SaajSoapMessageFactory

I would still appreciate some help/advice if you have some time for the unit testing issue that I have documented at this thread.

Regards
      Kris

Comment

Thanks, it was really helpful
        Last edited by adeloun3; Jan 5th, 2013, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X