X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more information how to run tutorial WS project

Hi all, just following this WS tutorial http://static.springsource.org/sprin.../tutorial.html

I need more detailed instructuins how to install / run downloaded spring-ws-2.1.1.RELEASE-full.zip My short questions:

(I have STS installed)
    • Do I need to add this folder somewhere or is it stand alone distribution of Spring? What exactly I just downloaded?
    • When I try "mvn package" inside samples/tutorial folder there is unresolvable pom.xml. Do I need to edit it in some way? (error: Non-resolvable parent POM for org.springframework.ws:spring-ws-samples:2.1.1.RELEASE: Could not find artifact org.springframework.ws:spring-ws-parentom:2.1.1.RELEASE in central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ org.springframework.ws:spring-ws-samples:2.1.1.RELEASE, /Users/Chates/springsource/spring-ws-2.1.1.RELEASE/samples/pom.xml, line 3, column 13 -> [Help 2])
    • Is there any instructions from NOTHING how to get it run? All tutorials assume you have it installed and running. I have spent 2 days wondering what to do with this and still cant run basic tutorial :-(

Hey!

Anybody on this forum able to help? This seems to be a problem with the Spring WS libs not being available via Maven or something related. When I download the release and run maven on the samples, I can see that error message as well.

Cheers,
    -Martin

Comment

Thank you Martin, I have been working on this whole day. You need to edit pom.xml files.

You need to delete <parent> element in ../pom.xml and merge it with pom.xml in the project folder. <parent> element points to wrong local direction dont know where. You also need to add <version> elements to all dependencies.

I am disappointed with this Spring "Quick start" not working. It took 3 days for me as a total beginner not familiar with Maven to run this.

Comment

Hey!

Glad to hear that you made some progress here. And sorry about this somewhat not very straight forward experience as a beginner with this. What about contributing your fixes/changes back to the project? I guess that would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

I'm just testing agaist spring-ws-2.1.1.RELEASE-full.zip and, there is NO any problem to build samples/tutorial by running 'mvn package' , both Maven 2 and Maven 3 work.

1) you might miss to place settings*.xml file ? ( default location is ${user.home}/.m2 )
          2) has your machine connected to internet ? ( make sure your maven downloading to local repository works well )
          Last edited by zhaoxuebin; Nov 9th, 2012, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X