X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Webservice & IBM Websphere 8

I am deploying a Spring 3.x web application with a Spring managed web service and things are not working quite right. I can see the web service is deployed as per the Websphere console, however, the service is not available through a browser request. The Spring docs suggest that the following registered bean

<bean class="org.springframework.remoting.jaxws.SimpleJa xWsServiceExporter" p:baseAddress="http://localhost:8888/services/"/>

should export the following class as an endpoint.

@Component
    @WebService(serviceName="CircleService")
    public class CircleFunctions {

Am I missing something here?

Please use [ code][/code ] tags when posting code.

The fact that you see it in your web sphere console doesn't mean spring exported it, knowing web sphere a little it might detect the @WebService itself.

Also make sure that
    1. You actually have an instance of the webservice ie. use component scanning
    2. That this instance is in the same application context as the Exporter (I.e. if the web service is loaded by the contextloaderlistener and the exporter is in the dispatcherservlet it will not be detected and thus not exported).

Comment

Thanks brother --

My problem was a typo while generating JAXB artifacts. Dude, I now see why RESTful services are so popular.

Scott

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      Please use [ code][/code ] tags when posting code.

The fact that you see it in your web sphere console doesn't mean spring exported it, knowing web sphere a little it might detect the @WebService itself.

Also make sure that
      1. You actually have an instance of the webservice ie. use component scanning
      2. That this instance is in the same application context as the Exporter (I.e. if the web service is loaded by the contextloaderlistener and the exporter is in the dispatcherservlet it will not be detected and thus not exported).

Comment

Working...
      X