Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to create Spring managed WS bean WITHOUT SpringWS in Websphere 7? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create Spring managed WS bean WITHOUT SpringWS in Websphere 7?

Hi,

I have a mandate to create a webservice for Websphere 7 that does not use SpringWS. Rather, they are relying on the libraries that ship with WAS to manage the webservice.

I am using a @javax.jws.WebService annotation to define the bean as a webservice. However, I am not sure if/how to configure it in web.xml or my applicationContext.xml such that I can use it as a spring managed bean and leverage Spring's dependency injections.

I checked out SimpleJaxWsServiceExporter class, but it seems to require a baseAddress to configure the WS, which in my case, would be handled at the WAS configuration level and not from within Spring.

Am I misunderstanding how to properly accomplish this? Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,

Eric

After hours of searching, I somehow kept skipping the part in the documentation that explained everything very simply. http://static.springsource.org/sprin...export-servlet

19.5.5 Exposing servlet-based web services using JAX-WS

Spring provides a convenient base class for JAX-WS servlet endpoint implementations - SpringBeanAutowiringSupport. To expose our AccountService we extend Spring's SpringBeanAutowiringSupport class and implement our business logic here, usually delegating the call to the business layer. We'll simply use Spring 2.5's @Autowired annotation for expressing such dependencies on Spring-managed beans.
    I added in the extends SpringBeanAutowiringSupport as described in the docs and everything works as expected.

Hopefully this post may help other individuals if they encounter the same problem(s).

Thanks,

Eric

Comment

Working...
    X