Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring Roo project creation doesn't respect jdk version settings Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Roo project creation doesn't respect jdk version settings

I have set my Java Compiler in SpringSource Tool Suite 2.6.0.RELEASE (build 201103161000) to jdk 1.5, the JVM 1.5.0 (OS X default) is the only jre checked at "Installed JRE's", and under "Execution Environment" the JavaSE-1.6 has no compatible JRE visible while J2SE-1.5 have the JVM 1.5.0 checked.
    Yet, when I make a new Spring Roo project STS will instruct Roo to make the project with the option "-java 6" and in the properties STS have set project specific settings to jdk 1.6.
    It works like this up until that I redo the same settings (unchecking and rechecking for instance). Only then is my jdk settings respected at Roo project creation.

JIRA: Spring Roo creation process doesn't respect jdk version settings of Java Compiler

Thanks for reporting this. Sounds indeed like an annoying thing that we should fix for the next STS version. Thanks for putting the JIRA in.

-Martin

Comment

I know this issue is still open, but thought I'd report. I'm new to STS and Roo, and have the same problem. I'm also on OS X 10.5.8, but using Version: 2.6.1.RELEASE. However, I have not been able to work around the issue as MiB did. I've set my STS compliance settings to JDK/JRE 1.5 in everyplace I could find, unchecking and rechecking as MiB indicated. It'd be nice to have here a documented work around until this is fixed. I also commented in JIRA. I cannot get past the Overview "start" demo for Roo.

Comment

Currently in STS 2.6.0 Build Id: 201103161000, updated via "install new software" from the server at
        http://dist.springsource.com/snapsho...composite/e3.6 together with Roo 1.2.0BUILD-SNAPSHOT [rev 332b971] as well as with Roo 1.1.4Release, I don't have this particular problem. The same goes with STS 2.5.2SR1.

Comment

Working...
        X