Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS Newbie Trying to Configure tc Server

Version 2.6.0 STS Build:201103161000

I would like to be able to run the SpringSource tc Server v6.0 that is shown under the "Servers" tab. But when I try and run the server I am getting a popup that states under details
    [The Tomcat installation directory is not valid. It is missing expected file or folder tijars.]

I just installed the STS and thought that everything was installed when I installed the product. Anyway, I was hoping someone may know how I can install the tcServer into this STS I have.

Also, I am new to STS and having problems finding good documentation on these sorts of topics. Is there such a location?

Thanks,

Hi mc user,

Normally STS will automatically configure the tc server instance that is included with the dirstribution. However, there is a little catch. This configuration is stored in your workspace. So for this to work, you should start with a clean workspace. If you start STS on an old workspace that already has a server configuration in it (possibly an old configuration pointing to a server instance that doesn't even exist anymore) then it doesn't work.

Could it be that you were using a new STS install with an old workspace?

If so, please try again with a clean/new workspace and see if that solves your problem.

Kris

Comment

Working...
    X