Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
SpringIDE 2.6.0 Can't parse XML config if Commons Logging used Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringIDE 2.6.0 Can't parse XML config if Commons Logging used

I'm seeing the following error in my project which depends on commons-logging.

Error occured processing XML 'Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.interna l.model.BeansConfig$ToolingFriendlyBeanDefinitionD ocumentReader]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationExcepti on: User-specified log class 'org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger' cannot be found or is not useable.'. See Error Log for more details

I have been unable to figure out what is going on with this

Hi,

any chance you have an commons-logging.properties file in your project? If so, could you please post the contents of the file?

Thanks, Christian

Comment

I do, the contents are as follows

org.apache.commons.logging.log=org.apache.commons. logging.impl.Log4JLogger

Note though, that my projects are utilizing m2eclipse and these commons-logging.properties are located in the src/test/resources

Comment

Ok, just as a test: could delete or rename the commons-logging.properties, restart STS and see if that fixes the issue?

I'm working on a real fix for this as we speak, eh write.

Christian

Comment

I'll give it a shot, just FYI, my environment is Eclipse Helios (3.6.1) and I've installed SpringIDE 2.6.0 (along with a patch from the patches update site).

BTW - thanks for the super quick response

Comment

I renamed all the commons-logging.properties. It appears to be working ...

Odd thing is the commons-logging.properties I renamed are not specifically within this project but projects that this particular project depends on.

Comment

Odd thing is the commons-logging.properties I renamed are not specifically within this project but projects that this particular project depends on.
              Yeah, that is as expected as Spring IDE constructs one classpath for a project and that includes all depending projects as well.

Christian

Comment

Ok that behavior makes sense.

I saw the defect STS-1691 and that you had already resolved that.

Thanks again!

Comment

Christian,

Thanks for the super quick fix and resolution on this one!

Comment

Working...
                  X