X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaded error=87

I had this problem using STS 2.5.2 and was going to report it today, when I saw that 2.6.0 had been released.
    I removed my Maven repository and removed my Workspace.
    Then I've done a full, clean install of STS and loaded the DataNucleus and Google enhancements.
    I then run roo and enter the following :
    Code:
    // Spring Roo 1.1.2.RELEASE [rev fbc33bb] log opened at 2011-03-19 15:51:06
    project --topLevelPackage com.artsnmusic --projectName FavershamArts --java 6
    persistence setup --provider DATANUCLEUS --database GOOGLE_APP_ENGINE 
    gwt setup
    entity --class ~.server.entity.Venue
    field string --fieldName name
    field string --fieldName town
    // Spring Roo 1.1.2.RELEASE [rev fbc33bb] log closed at 2011-03-19 17:41:24
    // Spring Roo 1.1.2.RELEASE [rev fbc33bb] log opened at 2011-03-19 17:50:10
    entity --class ~.server.entity.Band 
    After the first entity, I ran as a WebApp and then GWT compiled (pain, but the only way I can get it to work) - the first entity was enterable/editable etc.
    Using the same procedure, I then created the second entitya ... and got this
    Code:
    Cannot run program "F:\Tools\jdk6\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "F:\Workspace\FavershamArts"): CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect
    Cannot run program "F:\Tools\jdk6\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "F:\Workspace\FavershamArts"): CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect
    As I said, I have had this error using both STS 2.5.2 and 6.

How come I can't create a project with 2 entities!!!?

I know it's a windows command-line error (too long) - but I can't identify what I can shorten (or remove)

Please help as I'm desperate to use this technology ...

Many Thanks

nightjar
    [Vista, JDK 6]

Same exercise - 2 entities works using Spring MVC and HSQLDB.

Assume GWT/Appserver is a bit broken - shame. Windows can't handle the command line. Probably an Eclipse issue.

Would still like it to work 'out-of-the-box'.

Thanks

Comment

As a professional, can't say I'm impressed with the quality of either the product or the support!

Good luck y'all

Comment

Hi,

when does that error happen? When you run the GWT compile step on the 2nd entity?

Thanks, Christian

Comment

In order to run it at all, I discovered the following process works (ish):

Build Project
          Run as ... Web Application
          Wait for the server to start
          Press the GWT compile button
          Once compiled, navigate to the page

This works when I have one entity, and I can Create/Save/View data using the generated CRUD screens.
          The Build Project step fails when I have 2 entities

I think it is caused by the command line having too much data on it - this is a known problem - but I'm not sure if it's the DataNucleusEnhancer trying to run javaw or Eclipse trying to run DataNucleusEnhancer.

The thing is that I can't see the command line (or classpath) being used to try to shorten it - and I have no idea where the command is being called from (presumably Maven?)

Thanks

Comment

same for me

Hi,

I thought I could give a try to roo 1.1.3 (the 1.1.2 didn't compile a working version with GWT and GAE, it was impossible to continue with roo)

And after some tests, I have an error on launch:

Cannot run program "C:\developement\Java\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "F:\Developement\Eclipse3.6\rooTest"): CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect
            Cannot run program "C:\developement\Java\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "F:\Developement\Eclipse3.6\rooTest"): CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect

this is my trivial roo test log:
            // Spring Roo 1.1.3.RELEASE [rev 4404ffb] log opened at 2011-04-26 08:52:18
            project --topLevelPackage fr.test --projectName rooTest --java 6
            // Spring Roo 1.1.3.RELEASE [rev 4404ffb] log closed at 2011-04-26 08:52:27
            // Spring Roo 1.1.3.RELEASE [rev 4404ffb] log opened at 2011-04-26 08:54:23
            hint
            persistence setup --database GOOGLE_APP_ENGINE --provider DATANUCLEUS
            entity --class ~.domain.Person
            entity --class domain.Person
            focus --class ~.domain.Person
            // [failed] field string --fieldName name
            entity --class ~.domain.Place
            field set --fieldName visitors --type Person
            field reference --fieldName owner --type Person
            focus --class ~.domain.Person
            gwt setup
            // Spring Roo 1.1.3.RELEASE [rev 4404ffb] log closed at 2011-04-26 09:12:32
            // Spring Roo 1.1.3.RELEASE [rev 4404ffb] log opened at 2011-04-26 09:23:22

When restarting the roo console, I have this message (that I think is secondary), but I think the check should be done before accepting the command:

'owner' is not allowed to be used as field name as it is currently reserved by GWT. Please rename the field 'owner' in type Place.
            Updated SRC_MAIN_JAVA\fr\test\client\managed\request\Perso nProxy.java
            Updated SRC_MAIN_JAVA\fr\test\client\managed\request\Perso nRequest.java

I understand that being an early adopter can cause some frustrating experience, but I seriously think there should be a better unit testing for the next releases: the most stable version of Roo seams to be still the 1.0.0 (for my own experience with GWT and GAE)

Best Regards,
            Zied Hamdi

Comment

I tried to change the configuration of my project to use my installations of roo and gwt rather that the one by default :
              C:\Documents and Settings\Zied Hamdi\.m2\repository\com\google\appengine\appengin e-api-1.0-sdk\1.4.0

but there seams to be a trigger in Roo that changes the settings after me to these values (I don't think it's a good thing to oblige the user to have a given setting for the project, you can fill that value the first time to have a working project by default, but let us change the value if we want to) especially that in this case, where I suppose the problem is coming from the spaces in the url, i'm not able to fix the problem manually. grrrr...

Comment

Working...
              X