X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem starting tc Server in STS 2.5.2.SR1

I had to replace my hard drive so I dowloaded and installed SpringSource Tool Suite 2.5.2.SR1 from scratch. Now when I try to run a project on server I get

Code:
    Publishing the configuration...
    Error copying file to C:/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/backup\catalina.policy: C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\catalina.policy (The system cannot find the path specified)
    C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\catalina.policy (The system cannot find the path specified)
    Error copying file to C:/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/backup\catalina.properties: C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\catalina.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
    C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\catalina.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
    Error copying file to C:/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/backup\context.xml: C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\context.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
    C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\context.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
    Error copying file to C:/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/backup\jmxremote.access: C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\jmxremote.access (The system cannot find the path specified)
    C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\jmxremote.access (The system cannot find the path specified)
    Error copying file to C:/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/backup\jmxremote.password: C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\jmxremote.password (The system cannot find the path specified)
    C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\jmxremote.password (The system cannot find the path specified)
    Error copying file to C:/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/backup\server.xml: C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\server.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
    C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\server.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
    Error copying file to C:/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/backup\tomcat-users.xml: C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\tomcat-users.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
    C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\tomcat-users.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
    Error copying file to C:/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/backup\web.xml: C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\web.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
    C:\springsource\tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE\spring-insight-instance\conf\web.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)
    and

Code:
    The archive: C:/springsource/tc-server-developer-2.1.1.RELEASE/spring-insight-instance/bin/insight-bootstrap-tcserver-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.
    There is no ...spring-insight-instance\conf in my installation. How do I fix this?

Dan

Anyone? Anyone?...

Comment

Let me give it a try to help you... though I'm really not the expert on Tc server.

It looks to me like perhaps your tc-server installation doesn't actually have the tc-server instance there. One way you can probably fix this is by doing the following.

1) make sure you have the original zip archive of the release of STS
      2) delete inside your springsource folder all the tc server stuff
      3) now unzip again the tc server stuff from the zip inside the springsource folder.

Also you may need to make sure that server configured in your workspace isn't somehow corrupted or broken. It may be pointing to an old version of tc server still, if you recently upgraded.

The easiest way to do that in 2.5, I think, is probably to start STS in a brand new workspace. It should then detect the tc-server in your springsource directory and configure it correctly.

There may be another way, which doesn't require you to start with a clean workspace. However, I think the method of starting with a clean workspace should work, and you can then just import the projects from the old workspace into your new one with the Eclipse import wizard (Import >> Existing projects).

Kris

Comment

I had the exact same problem with STS 2.7

See here for my solution: http://fczaja.blogspot.com/2011/07/e...in-sts-27.html

Comment

Working...
        X