X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.5.2 Error Message during startup

STS 2.5.2 prompts me error message during startup. I noticed the "Servers" tab showing "SpringSource tc Server Developer Edition v2.1 [Stopped,Synchronized]" then I try to right click and press "Start". Some how it prompts we another error message window as below. Can anyone guide me on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5495/stserror.jpg

Hi,

what does the beginning of the stacktrace say? That might be helping to get cluse on what going on.

Christian

Comment

There is currently a problem running tc Server together with Spring Insight activated when the installation path of the server contains a space. Could that be the case with your installation?

Having the complete console output would definitely help to identify this issue...

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
        Hi,

what does the beginning of the stacktrace say? That might be helping to get cluse on what going on.

Christian
        beginning of the stacktrace?? You mean the 1st row from the Console tab? Below refers the system prompts error message "Source not found for org.aspectj.weaver.tools.WeavingAdaptor" when I click on the hyperlink (WeavingAdaptor.java:111) from the 1st row at Console tab. Plz advice.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4209/stserror2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
          There is currently a problem running tc Server together with Spring Insight activated when the installation path of the server contains a space. Could that be the case with your installation?

Having the complete console output would definitely help to identify this issue...

-Martin
          How to check the installation path of the server whether contains a space? Cuz previously I can open STS without error message.

Comment

In the console view, please scroll up a little bit to the beginning of the stack trace that is printed out there... There should be a message somewhere before it refers to the lines of code...

(in case you are not sure, just attach the complete output from the console view)

Comment

In the console view, please scroll up a little bit to the beginning of the stack trace that is printed out there... There should be a message somewhere before it refers to the lines of code...

(in case you are not sure, just attach the complete output from the console view)
              Kindly refer screenshot attached below:

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7679/stserror3.jpg

Comment

Yes, this is the bug with AspectJ and the space in the path of the library. And you have several spaces in your installation path. To work around this issue, please re-install STS to a location without spaces in the path. So instead of choosing a directory "SpringSource Tool Suite/Eclipse 3.6.1" please use, for example "SpringSource-Tool-Suite/Eclipse-3.6.1". That should resolve this problem.

Aside of that the bug will be fixed in the next milestone build of STS, 2.6.0 M2, coming at the end of February.

HTH,
                Martin

Comment

Yes, this is the bug with AspectJ and the space in the path of the library. And you have several spaces in your installation path. To work around this issue, please re-install STS to a location without spaces in the path. So instead of choosing a directory "SpringSource Tool Suite/Eclipse 3.6.1" please use, for example "SpringSource-Tool-Suite/Eclipse-3.6.1". That should resolve this problem.

Aside of that the bug will be fixed in the next milestone build of STS, 2.6.0 M2, coming at the end of February.

HTH,
                  Martin
                  I had rename the folder as mentioned and try click the "STS.exe" again to execute the setup but I receive an error like the screenshot below when I try to right click and press "Start" from the "Servers" tab where it shows "SpringSource tc Server Developer Edition v2.1 [Stopped,Synchronized]" .

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4614/stserror4.jpg

**This is the actual path I had did the rename:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3051/stserror5.jpg
                  Last edited by veronedev; Feb 7th, 2011, 02:43 AM.

Comment

If you just rename the directories, you can run into problems having the path saved somewhere in your workspace. This is now the case for your tc-server runtime. You can change that via "Preferences -> Server -> Runtime Environments", but I would strongly recommend to re-install a fresh STS to a right location to avoid other mismatches with your renamed folders.

-Martin

Comment

If you just rename the directories, you can run into problems having the path saved somewhere in your workspace. This is now the case for your tc-server runtime. You can change that via "Preferences -> Server -> Runtime Environments", but I would strongly recommend to re-install a fresh STS to a right location to avoid other mismatches with your renamed folders.

-Martin
                      Yeap. I'm unable to save the Runtime Environments after changing it to point to the correct path. Anyway, I had no idea how to uninstall and re-install as a fresh STS. Noticed that STS menu is not available in the Start > All Programs menu. It isn't inside the add or remove programs which accessed from the Control panel either..Kindly advise how should I perform a fresh copy of installation.

Comment

I would recommend to delete the complete STS directory and run the installer that you downloaded again.

Comment

I would recommend to delete the complete STS directory and run the installer that you downloaded again.
                          Thanks. My problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                          X