Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.5.2 and Apache/Tomcat 7 error 404

Hi,

I am doing installation of STS 2.5.2 and Apache/Tomcat 7.0.6. on Vista 32 PC as well as Windows 7 - 64 bit laptop.

Installed items on 32 bit PC and can see myapp in the localhost:8080.

Same installation (but using 64 bit install files) on Win 7 machine causes 404 error to be displayed on the localhost:8080

Yes, I can see folder wtpwebapps and it has two subfolders:
    • myapp and
    • ROOT

Everything in these two installation is identical: file versions, folder locations, settings, etc. apart one being 32 bit Vista and another 64 bit Win 7.

Please note that there are NO build errors and there is only one warning on server power-up on the Win 7 laptop: "setting property 'source' to 'org.eclipse.jst2ee.server:myapp' did not find a matching property"

Any ideas to what may be amiss here?

Nik
    P.S. I am beginner in this area so please take it easy on me

Double click on the Tomcat 7 server and select 'Use Tomcat Installation (takes control of Tomcat installation)

Comment

I had the same problem it came out that the issue was a bit weird... To find out by yourself:

double click on the Tomcat 7 server, switch to Modules tab (should be on bottom-left corner) and you can see your application deployed as a Web Module. You can see a "Path" property related to your app: just try to navigate http://localhost:8080/path-property-value and you should see your web.

I don't know where that value came from, but affter struggling a lot I finally got my app to work

Hope this can help

Comment

Working...
      X