X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup Environment Variables?

I have SpringSource Tool Suite with the built-in tc Server Developer Edition v2.1. I would like to setup an Environment variable indicating that it is in a DEV or TEST env plus some other config settings. With a install outside of the developer's tool I assume I would do something like creating a setenv.bat script that would be invoked at startup. How is this done in the Tool Suite? I have already added a 'context.xml' file to my Server via Package Explorer. Do I do something similar in this case?

Did you take a look at the server configuration editor? If you double-click on the server in the servers view, the editor opens up and allows you to set all different kinds of options.

Aside of that you could also try to modify the launch configuration (from the Run... menu) if the server editor does not work for you case.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

How to setup Environment Variables?

Thanks for the reply Martin. I decided to add <Environment> entities in the
      <GlobalNamingResources> section of server.xml. I then created a file called context.xml at the web app level and then have specified beans of class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryB ean" in my applicationContext.xml file. It works. Does this seem like a correct approach?

Comment

Working...
      X