Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Groovy/Grails plugins without network

Hi,

I have been using STS for Grails development for some time now. It is an excellent tool and much superior to Netbeans 6.9.1 imho.

Because of special circumstances, I need to be able to install and run STS at a location with no outside network connectivity. STS seems to want to install its Groovy/Grails support directly from the net, and that is not possible. My environment will allow me to install software from a disk, but not from the network.

I therefore have spent some time looking for the archive versions of Groovy-Eclipse, Groovy-1.7.5, and the grails support package that STS uses, looking to install them manually. I have found everything but the last. Does anybody know where you can download an archive version of Grails project support that will install manually into STS?

Until I can solve this problem I am stuck with Netbeans. Please save me.

Hi,

On the download page for STS, there is a label 'Other Downloads >'. If you expand that there is an 'Update Sites' section, and there you can grab springsource-tool-suite-2.5.2.RELEASE-e3.6-updatesite.zip which should contain what you need for Grails support.

cheers
    Andy
    ---
    Andy Clement
    SpringSource Tool Suite Team

Comment

Download page is where?

Thank you for responding.

I went to the download page that the system takes me to. The web address is http://www.springsource.com/products/eclipse-downloads, however there doesn't seem to be a link of "Other Downloads".

Perhaps you are referring to another download page?

Comment

Hi,

That is the starting point, then click download STS, then through the registration page again, and on the page after that is 'other downloads'. I think we hope to streamline this process shortly.

Andy

Comment

Hi Clayton,

The web address is http://www.springsource.com/products/eclipse-downloads, however there doesn't seem to be a link of "Other Downloads".
          Sorry this is not the correct download page to access the update site zips. Please follow these steps:
          HTH

Christian

Comment

Working...
          X