X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard Extensions not loading

Hi - I get the following error when clicking on the Extensions tab in the Dashboard. Is this something I can fix, or is it an error at your end ?

Thanks.

Martin

Code:
    Failed to discover all connectors.
    RemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy failed with an error
    Unable to connect to repository http://dist.springsource.com/release/STS/discovery/directory-2.5.xml
    Connection refused: connect

Hi Martin,

the Dashboard extension display fine for me. Can you check if you can access the STS update site from the P2 Update Manager (Help -> Install New Software)? Are you behind a proxy or firewall?

Regards, Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

thanks for checking - it must be a problem at my end. Yes, we have a proxy inplace here.

Software update leads to the following error

Unable to connect to repository http://dist.springsource.com/release....6/content.xml
      Unable to connect to repository http://dist.springsource.com/release....6/content.xml
      Connection refused: connect

Comment

have you made progress on this?

I am running into a similar problem. If you have made headway on this can you share info on what steps you took?

vbk

Comment

I am having the same issue. I've tried putting in our proxy address and I've tried removing read-only from the directory and giving everyone full permissions.

No luck yet.

Is there a way for me to just download the Extensions and manually install them???

Comment

Hi,

as far as I remember the problem disappeared by itself within a few days. Sorry, I have no idea why.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by leisenstein View Post
              Is there a way for me to just download the Extensions and manually install them???
              Does the normal Eclipse update/install-new-software-dialog works for you? If so, the extension install should, too. But anyway, if your "install-new-software" dialog from Eclipse works, I can send you the update site for the extensions you would like to install.

-Martin

Comment

No, that doesn't work either.

I was hoping I could download the files manually, then put them in a directory on my local drive to install them.

Comment

There is no single source to download for all the things on the extension install, since it assembles components from different sources. You might be able to download an archived update site for each of the items on the list, but that is a lot of research work to actually find those archived update sites somewhere.

I would propose we try to get the extension and update dialog to work for you. Sounds like you are behind a proxy? Did you check the proxy settings for your installation?
                  Take a look, for example, here: http://www.mkyong.com/web-developmen...gs-in-eclipse/

-Martin

Comment

It was an issue with either the proxy or firewall. I put in all the proxy info, but it still did not work.

I ended up taking the computer home and plugging it into my network and it worked perfectly.

I'll need to work with our network people to figure our how to get this running at work. Maybe some port is blocked???

It would be nice to be able to download extensions, drop them in a directory and update locally.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X