Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile

I am using spring tool suite 2.5.1.

I get teh following error wheni run my test cases of teh project which uses spring roo.

My cooleague who uses Eclipse 3.5 doesnt seem to have any issue building teh same project.

Is this a know BUG . Any help is really appreciated .

Code:
    ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile (default) on project roots-entities: Execution default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Missing:
    ----------
    1) com.sun:tools:jar:1.4.2

Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

Then, install it using the command: 
          mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.sun -DartifactId=tools -Dversion=1.4.2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there: 
          mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=com.sun -DartifactId=tools -Dversion=1.4.2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency: 
      	1) org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0
      	2) com.sun:tools:jar:1.4.2

----------
    1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact: 
      org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
      central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false)
    -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR] 
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR] 
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginResolutionException

Hi,

STS comes bundled with a version 2.2.1 of Maven. What version of Maven does your colleague use?

You can configure any other version of Maven or use the default embedded version from the Maven preferences page at Preferences -> Maven -> Installations.

Let me know if that helps.

Christian

Comment

He also uses teh same version on maven. taht is 2.2.1

Comment

I figured out that maven version used by STS is 3.0. I think this was triggered by auto update.

Anyways i have stopped using roo in my projects and everything seems to work fine for now.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X