Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between the 2 Grails extensions?

In the Dashboard, there's a Grails extension available under Languages and Frameworks and another one under Language and Framework Tooling.

What's the difference between the two? I assume the first one just installs a version of Grails on the system and the second one adds tooling support for it, but is the second one dependent on the first one?

Thanks in advance,
    Behrang

I assume the first one just installs a version of Grails on the system and the second one adds tooling support for it, but is the second one dependent on the first one?
    Exactly, the first one installs Grails the framework. The 2nd install the Grails tooling support for STS. The 2nd does not require the 1st to be around as you can always configure an existing Grails installation with STS.

HTH

Christian

Comment

Christian,

Thanks for the quick reply. I think this should be noted in the message that pops up when pressing the (i) icon. Or maybe the line that reads "Grails is a high-productivity web framework..." should be replaced with something like "Installs Grails version X.Y. Grails is a high-productivity web framework...".

Comment

Working...
      X