Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tcServer overwriting server.xml

I was trying to configure tcServer for SSL and found this link
    http://static.springsource.com/proje...serverssl.html

notice it talks about "/conf/samples/server-with-ssl.xml"....well, that directory doesn't exist (at least not in my sts install, which had tc as part of it). I figured I'd download tc by itself and poke around with it, but I have to tell vmWare/springsource what I ate for lunch to download _anything_. If you guys really want people start using your tools, maybe you shouldn't make it so _DAMN_ difficult to get them and have documentation that's actually correct.

Here's the punchline....I got SSL up and running. So then I downed tc, and added a security constraint to web.xml to force ssl and restarted tc. Well, for some reason it REPLACED my server.xml file....that's right.....replaced. Don't mind I made any changes, just reset that file back to it's original state....it's not important...it's only SERVER.XML

This is the _second_ time I've tried to use STS / tcServer and got kicked in the man region....It's back to eclipse and using Spring for the only thing I've found it good for....DEPENDENCY INJECTION

Hi,

if edit the configuration files of a tc Server installation please make those edits in the Servers project inside STS. This is the place for those edits as Eclipse/STS will copy those files into the server on start.

HTH

Christian

Comment

http://static.springsource.com/proje...serverssl.html

maybe that link should tell people not to edit the file they use as an example?

Comment

tc server HTTPS ONLY

thanks for the help. Is it possible to have TC server ONLY listen on HTTPS? I removed the initial connector and added my HTTPS one. When the server starts up, I can access my app, but startup never actually completes and after 120 seconds TC crashes.

Comment

Working...
        X