X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Maven dependencies to a Maven Project

Hi, I am using SpringSource Tool Suite Version: 2.5.0.RELEASE. I created a Java Project then enabled Maven dependency management. Now that I have a pom.xml, I tried to add a dependency on it. (I can type the dependencies in the xml file but I right clicked on the project -> Maven ->Add Dependency). Then I tried to add an existing jar in the .m2/repository. The problem was that it cannot detect any jars in my repository.

I have also an Eclipse IDE installed in my PC and it works properly there. Am I missing any configurations? (something like STS_HOME or STS_WORKSPACE)

Thanks!

Hi,

to make use of this functionality please enable the Maven Repository Download from the preferences (Preferences -> Maven -> Check "Download repository index on startup") and restart STS.

You should now be able to find dependencies when using "Add Dependency" etc.

HTH

Christian

Comment

Thanks

Thanks I was looking for this solution for awhile. I couldn't figure out why I could not search for maven jars. I did have to take one extra step. I had to right click my project then select Maven>Update Dependencies. This seemed to hook me up to the maven repository in the sky that holds all the jars I need. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X