Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS hangs when setting classpath containers

Hi,

I am facing a problem in STS. I am learning spring and am trying to run an application in STS, am able to do maven build and it is successful.
    But when am trying to a Java class it hangs, at Launching 25% and the Progress Information shows "Setting Classpath containers" and "Build before launch - Scoped incremental build before launch". Also If am cancelling, again it is not ending.

If am running the same class from command prompt , it runs successfully.
    STS version is 2.3.2

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Vanathi

Did you ever find a solution to the problem? I also ran into this issue a lot of times

Comment

There are several reasons why this can happen. Most often, this occurs because a classpath container tries to start a plugin when that plugin is being started somewhere else. We've fixed a few of these problems lately. I'd recommend that you first upgrade to 2.7.0 (available early next week, or you can upgrade to the latest dev snapshot using this update site:

SpringSource Update Site for Eclipse 3.6 - http://dist.springsource.com/snapsho...S/nightly/e3.6

If this doesn't fix your problem, then you can send a stack dump to this forum thread and I'll have a look at it. Use the jps and jstack commands to grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Eisenberg View Post
        There are several reasons why this can happen. Most often, this occurs because a classpath container tries to start a plugin when that plugin is being started somewhere else. We've fixed a few of these problems lately. I'd recommend that you first upgrade to 2.7.0 (available early next week, or you can upgrade to the latest dev snapshot using this update site:

SpringSource Update Site for Eclipse 3.6 - http://dist.springsource.com/snapsho...S/nightly/e3.6

If this doesn't fix your problem, then you can send a stack dump to this forum thread and I'll have a look at it. Use the jps and jstack commands to grab it.
        I'm already using one of the latest versions of STS (2.7.M2) but just update using the update site you provided.

Already managed to work around the issue by using a previous project version instead of creating a new version from scratch though.

I will surely try 2.7 as soon as it gets released and come back here if the the problem might reoccur.

Thanks a lot for the fast info!

Comment

Deadlocks like these are extremely annoying and we try to fix them as fast as we can. So, please keep us posted if you see it again. Including a stack dump will help us.

Comment

One thing you can try is to clean out your configuration area before launching. If you launch STS with the -clean option (add it to your STS.ini on its own line and then launch), this cleans out the configuration area. You should remove it afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Eisenberg View Post
              One thing you can try is to clean out your configuration area before launching. If you launch STS with the -clean option (add it to your STS.ini on its own line and then launch), this cleans out the configuration area. You should remove it afterwards.
              This solved the issue I was having! Thanks a lot for pointing it out.

Best wishes,

Jochen

Comment

Working...
              X